PDA

View Full Version : Which wood would...

Joe Tonich
01-17-2004, 3:41 PM
you use to re-make the box on this music box? :confused: SWMBO wanted an animated music box so I had her order one she liked and I'd re-do the outside. I looked around but couldn't find just the workings for one of these kinds of boxes. Now I can't decide what to make it out of. :( I have some nice curly cherry, reg. cherry, curly maple, black walnut, red oak, bloodwood, & canarywood laying around. Any other type wood would you suggest? It will be a combo. of wood so any suggestions on diff. combo's will be welcome. Here's a couple of pics of what it looks like now. ( :eek: YUK!!! :( )

Thanks,

Joe

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-17-2004, 4:04 PM
Joe, I think that Walnut for the Box Sides, and the Curly Maple for the top and bottom frame portions of the box would look really nice. The 2 contrasting woods would compliment each other nicely, and I think using Curly Maple for the top would frame the interior workings beautifully, and really show off the grain of the Maple. There are many combinations that would look good, but I like the light/dark combination the Walnut and Maple the best. By the way, I have seen those Music Boxes with the Winter Scene & Skater Movement........those are really neat! Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with. ;)

(Or the Curly Cherry with Maple would be nice too Joe.............oh, the decisions like this are killing me!) :D

Bruce Page
01-17-2004, 6:43 PM
Well, Kevins two choices are exactly the same as mine. I think the walnut/curly maple combo would be beautiful!