PDA

View Full Version : Help with General 34-01 Drill Press

Aaron Mills
07-12-2007, 2:24 AM
I've got an older General drill press that I am rebuilding, and since General has changed a few parts on the machine since the one I purchased was built, I was wondering if anyone could help me get some photos of a couple of parts.

The part #s are 3282 & 3284. They are located towards the rear of the drill press head and are described as locking sleeves.

Also, I can't figure out how the spring attachments for the belt cover are supposed to fix to the guard pan & the cover, so if anyone is able to get photos of that too, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew Williams
07-12-2007, 7:48 PM
Honestly I don't know how much this helps, since I am not willing to remove the locking assembly (trust me it's no fun getting the thing onto the column for the first time), but you can see the outside of the sleeves anyway. The lever causes them to move closer together and cutouts on each sleeve hug the DP column inside.

Also here's a pic of a spring. There are two of them, one on each corner of the cover.

I assume you have the manual since you have part numbers but if not, PM me your email address and I can send you a .pdf file of it.

Andrew