PDA

View Full Version : Portable Power Bench Bridge

Burt Waddell
07-11-2007, 9:38 PM
I've been working on an adaptation of the EZ Smart Bridge concept for use on job sites. Today we did some testing on my most recent setup. It mounts an EZ Bridge on a DeWalt miter saw stand. Thought some of you might enjoy looking. There is information printed below each photo.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=drgivcf.c87a780f&Uy=mnkji&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Burt

Peter Pedisich
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Burt,

I'm thinking about doing something similar but using a Ridgid MSUV (I may have the opportunity to save a little $$ and get the outgoing model).
Are you familiar with the Ridgid stand?
I like that it has wheels.
I have the EZ Smart Table kit so I'll be mounting that on top of a 2' x 4' x 3/4" ply top.
I like your idea for the stops, do they fine tune to square with the rail?

Pete

Burt Waddell
07-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Peter,

I wouldn't say that I am familiar with the MSUV but I have seen them and they are a nice stand. For at home or in the shop I think they would be near ideal. Wheels are a plus. I even have them under my 9'bridge table.

Some of the people have constructed a powerbench that fits over the smart table. Actually, I can remove the bridges from my table and use the table with the square or a plain rail.

When I put the SME's in place, I made sure that they were parallel. So when I square the rail to the the first SME, everything else also squares up. The cross cut stop are attached to the side of a SME so they are square. All of the other stops are based on connector in SME so with the dovetail design they also square up.

These new extrusions open a whole new world. There are just so many possibilities.

Thanks

Burt