PDA

View Full Version : Leopard engraved on glass

Larry Bratton
07-11-2007, 7:30 PM
For your comments.Here is a photo of a leopard engraved on 1/4" glass. Epilog 40watt-25s/100p/300dpi. Engraving has a piece of black plastic behind it for contrast. Image was color corrected in Photoshop CS3 before conversion to greyscale. Further processed with Photograv.

Stephen Beckham
07-11-2007, 7:58 PM
Sweet - I like doing the glass in the same manner, but hate the way it depends on the background for contrast. I recommend acrylic so that its frosting can be seen with any background.

I've found that the black suede matboard (partner is a framer) really brings out the contrast (built in contrast by the patterns) or having to put direct lighting at an angle to the glass for the customers to get a good idea of the finished result.

Again - nice piece - what's the plan with it - picture frame?

Frank Corker
07-11-2007, 8:35 PM
Now that looks like a really nice picture, the only problem is when you click on it there is no bigger picture to view, just the thumbnail. From the thumbnail it looks like an excellent job and you have captured it well with the black background. Do you leave the engraving on the inside or the outside when you frame?

Larry Bratton
07-11-2007, 9:54 PM
Frank,
Sorry for the small pic. I always have trouble getting the things small enough to get by the limit on the size. I guess I overshot it a bit, but it does have good detail.
We will route out a frame with the CNC so that the background and the glass sit down into it. Kinda has a shadowbox effect. Will have a border all the way around of about an inch (25mm to you :) )
Thanks for looking.

Larry Bratton
07-11-2007, 9:56 PM
Stephen:
Hummm..black suede. That sounds like a good thought. Going to frame it.
Thanks for looking.

Belinda Barfield
07-12-2007, 7:47 AM
Nice piece Larry! I like the frame plan also.

Here's a thought, how about using leopard print suede as a background? :rolleyes: (joking of course!)

Larry Bratton
07-12-2007, 7:46 PM
Girllll..you are creative!! But..I think I may just stick with the black :)

Belinda Barfield
07-12-2007, 7:59 PM
Good call!