PDA

View Full Version : Hi All (newbie)

Mark Warren
07-11-2007, 4:35 PM
I am a newbe to this sight, actually just found out about it yesterday. I am going to purchase a portable table saw for my garage I dont have a lot of room & it will be my primary saw. I now have a vintage Rockwell/delta contractor saw but it takes up to much room. I am looking at the bosch 4000, the ridgid 2400 & the craftsman 21829 (a clone of the bt3100 ) do yall have any opinions. dust collection ? ease of set up ?? fences ??

Mark Warren
07-11-2007, 4:45 PM
answer to my own question, it seams that this thread has been discussed more than once, Sorry to have started another one, I should have checked the history threads
thanks
Mark

Mike Cutler
07-11-2007, 4:49 PM
No problem.;)

First though. Welcome to Sawmill Creek. Pleased to meet ya'.

There's a lot of info in the search function, but sometimes it's good to ask and restart a thread, just in case someone that may not have been able to respond previously, has some additional insight or info.

Once again. Welcome to Sawmill Creek.

Mike

Grant Davis
07-11-2007, 9:41 PM
Mark,
Welcome to the creek. I have the Ryobi BT3000 and also a BT3100. If you are on the fnece with the 21829, you might want to check out another forum bt3central.com You will find alot of good information about this type of saw.

Hope that helps some.

Keith Webster
07-11-2007, 9:47 PM
I have the Ridged one that I use out on my job sites. The fold up stand is great. I also have the lager Ridged for my shop and love it. Also...just thought I would ask...cause I knew a Mark Warren from high school....where you from??

Evan Stockton
07-11-2007, 9:48 PM
Hello Mark - Welcome from a fellow newbie!

:)

Jim Dunn
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Welcome Mark and Evan. See--------two Cricks in one thread.

Dennis Peacock
07-12-2007, 1:24 AM
Welcome Mark and Evan. Wade on in to the Creek, the water's fine. :D

Dewayne Reding
07-12-2007, 6:29 AM
Welcome to the creek Mark. Try to find room for your old saw. If the motor is strong, put a decent fence on it. If not, Delta, Craftsman and Rigid (and a few others) have very decent mid-sized saws for reasonable prices.

Signed,

"the noobie that didn't read the threads first. I have a brand new little Dewalt saw. It does everything it's designed to do. It lives in the garage tucked out of the way. I use the big one I bought a couple months later." :)

Mark Warren
07-12-2007, 6:40 AM
I have the Ridged one that I use out on my job sites. The fold up stand is great. I also have the lager Ridged for my shop and love it. Also...just thought I would ask...cause I knew a Mark Warren from high school....where you from??
Kieth, I am from Plainview Texas. Graduated there in 1982

Joe Unni
07-12-2007, 7:24 AM
I am a newbe to this sight, actually just found out about it yesterday. I am going to purchase a portable table saw for my garage I dont have a lot of room & it will be my primary saw. I now have a vintage Rockwell/delta contractor saw but it takes up to much room. I am looking at the bosch 4000, the ridgid 2400 & the craftsman 21829 (a clone of the bt3100 ) do yall have any opinions. dust collection ? ease of set up ?? fences ??

Welcome Mark!

As mentioned, if you can keep the contractors saw do it. If you can't, the Bosch saw is fantastic though I can't compare it to Ridgid or Craftsmen as I've not used them.

Good luck,
-joe