PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 40-0009 Gloat

Bob Moyer
07-11-2007, 3:03 PM
I purchased this about two weeks ago on Amazon - $308.00+$99.00 shipping. I noticed that the price changes daily and almost bought it at $386.00. I will be assembling the next couple of evenings, any suggestions. BTW - I picked up the rear extension at the same time.

glenn bradley
07-11-2007, 3:11 PM
I see nothing . . . must be my eyes.

Bill Huber
07-11-2007, 3:38 PM
I almost bought one but after working with my old TS I didn't. I have read some very good things about it and that price is a really great price from what I was looking at. Everything I could fine was over $500 for the saw.

John Huber
07-11-2007, 6:45 PM
I've had mine for about two years. If you need to transport a saw, the Bosch collapsible stand is a dream. It is easy up and easy down. The large, pneumatic wheels make it easy to go over irregular surfaces. The saw itself does everything I ask of it. Right out of the box, the blade was parallel to the miter slots within a few mills. The fence needed a little adjustment to be parallel to the blade, but it was easy to adjust. The motor is powerful enough to rip through walnut that is 2 1/2" thick. The user manual is clear and comprehensive. My only complaint is that it spews sawdust out the front when the blade is set at less than full height, even with a shop vac dust collector.