PDA

View Full Version : help with corel

Patrick Licata
07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm sure this is soooo simple, BUT how do you round corners of a square equal sizes?
In other words, I am trying to make a plastic plate to fit a JRS desk holder.
I draw a approx. 2 x 8 rectangle then I need to have the corners 5/16" radius. If I grab the corners and drag, it move proportionately and not equal. Any help??
And thank you to all of you who really know what you are doing (or at least make us think you know what you are doing!):)
Patrick

Howard Garner
07-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Select your rectangle the use the Object Properties and the Rectangle tab to set Corner Roundness to set all corners at the same time.

Craig Hogarth
07-11-2007, 12:45 PM
I could never figure out the the whole corner roundness thing in the object properties. I don't think it's possible to adjust corners for a specific radius with that.

Here's how I do it. It may be the long way, but it works.

Patrick Licata
07-11-2007, 1:14 PM
Thanks for the help! Howard, I tried this before and it only seems to work with a square. When you do a rectangle, it does not do the short sides an equal distance to the long sides. I guess it does it proportionately.
Craig, I figured I'd have to piece it together like that, Thanks!
Patrick

Mike Mackenzie
07-11-2007, 2:43 PM
Craig,

In X3 they have a much easier way to do it, All you have to do is go to WINDOW then DOCKERS then FILLET/SCALLOP/CHAMFER type in your radius and apply it works very good.

Craig Hogarth
07-11-2007, 3:03 PM
Thanks Mike. I'm still learning the ins and outs. I have a feeling I'm doing a lot of stuff the long way.

Patrick Licata
07-11-2007, 3:22 PM
Mike,
If you could see me now, I'm bowing down to you!
I figured there was a simple way to do it!
And it just so happens that I'm not 10 years behind like I usually am in the fact that I do have X3. Thanks again to all.:D

Mike Null
07-11-2007, 5:28 PM
If you have a version of Corel earlier than X3 you can download these macros which include a corner rounding macro.

http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawmacros/index.htm