PDA

View Full Version : OT: Embossing - Die Cutting

David Sabot
07-11-2007, 10:54 AM
This is a bit off topic, but does anybody know of a machine that will print 4 color, emboss areas and die cut out the item? Looking to make cigar labels if that helps at all.

Bob Tate
07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I am not aware of an inexpensive machine. We have three printing presses here that are capable of doing that kind of work (and I am not in any way soliciting work), worth over a million dollars each. I doubt there is a inexpensive machine capable of doing the job with any degree of quality. Embossing dies are very expensive, and the embossing process itself tends to keep machine speeds low. Low machine speeds make the price go way up.

David Sabot
07-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Somebody had mentioned a $20k machine that would print, emboss and die cut, only need one shape. Not sure if that is even true. Since I have a laser, I could print and emboss, and laser cut the image.

Joe Pelonio
07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
There are vinyl printer/plotter combos in the $15-20,000 range that will do this. They will print the image with the print head then go back and cut with the blade head. (I don't have one)

http://www.beacongraphics.com/dig-print.html