PDA

View Full Version : I think I might have a problem

Mike Vickery
07-11-2007, 1:52 AM
So after Kevin and I went out on Sunday and collected some Mesquite, Acacia, African Sumac, and Palo Verde. I saw the rest of the mesquites at the site coming down so one of our friends Jason and I went after work to collect some more. Two of the big mesquites were downed and hauled away during the day but we downed one 20 inch trunk of a big one and collected some nice crotches and a log section or two. We still had room in Jason's truck so we went out to a Pecan orchard that is going to get cut down and downed one of the trees and collected a couple more crotches.

My wood pile is now officially out of control.

Their are a couple more logs hiding in corners that did not get pictured, but this is the majority of the pile.

If you think this is a gloat the real gloat is this. Thier are probably about 30 more Pecan's left though many of them are pretty small. Plus we ran into a guy out at the site that has a company that is bidding on the job to remove all of the trees. I gave him my card and he says he may have some other "work" for us. This might be the beggining of a beautiful friendship.

Steve Schlumpf
07-11-2007, 8:46 AM
Congrats on what looks like some beautiful wood! Also sounds like you made one heck of a contact! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

Ron Sardo
07-11-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't know Mike...

Those pictures are dated 3/16/04.

Does your VCR flash 12:00 AM too?:D

Nice Haul! That crotch looks real promising

Dick Strauss
07-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Mike,
Nice haul there buddy!!!

I have a problem too! You have a long way to go to have my kind of problem. My car almost can't pass by free wood without turning in and stopping, especially if it is a variety that I don't have yet. Yes, as hard as it is to believe, my car does this all by itself!!! I'll have to borrow a digicam and show you sometime.

Dick

Paul Engle
07-11-2007, 11:24 AM
I just hate it when the log pile gets outta control.....:eek: :D , nice score , great gloat !!!

Keith Burns
07-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Mike, great haul and gloat !! Love that Mesquite !!

Don Orr
07-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Very jealous! Awesome haul. Hope to get to try some Mesquite someday. Sounds like you might be seting up a way cool deal too.

Bernie Weishapl
07-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Great haul and gloat Mike. I love turning mesquite. That is one fine wood. Those crotch pieces should make some mighty fine winged bowls.

Brett Baldwin
07-11-2007, 2:14 PM
You've got it good out on the east side there. Nice score Mike. It sounds like you'll be pretty well set for wood for a while. If your pile gets too big for you to handle, let me know. ;-)