PDA

View Full Version : Third page news?

Joe Chritz
07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
http://nationalpolicenews.familybadge.org/index.cfm/act/newsletter.cfm/category/national%20police%20news/menuitemid/118/MenuGroup/National%20Police%20News/NewsLetterID/19053/startrow/3.htm

This made the "In brief" section on page three of our local newspaper. Grand Rapids is less than 100 miles from here.

Somehow it just didn't seem right.

I'm not overly impressed with our local paper currently.

Joe

Mike Sheppard
07-11-2007, 7:55 AM
Joe
We are not much more than 100 miles from there and had not heard of this at all. Very sad! Here in Michigan this guy will get 25 years serve 7 and be back on the street. "Someone get a rope"
Have you heard the state is talking about closing Jackson? Where will all them go then?
Mike

Mitchell Andrus
07-11-2007, 8:07 AM
Anything happening an hour from my house doesn't get a whole lot of coverage in my local fishwrap either. I suppose your point is it should be front page news for a certain radius from the event, then hit the third page at greater distances?

Sorry there's violence and death out there... maybe the local rag would rather highlight local news and leave the heavy lifting for the majors. Nothing wrong with that.

The fact that there is news of this nature to be covered is shameful... That's the real story that should be covered.