PDA

View Full Version : Interesting podcast (free) on Nakashima

Roger Myers
07-10-2007, 9:56 PM
For those fans of George Nakashima's work there is a interesting podcast available... I located it on the itunes music store, in the podcast section, under Musuem tours.... There is a section for Sothebys podcasts and one of them is entitled "New Life for the Noble Tree....." and has some interesting commentary and video.... it's about 7 minutes long and a free download....

Mark Singer
07-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Ted Wells is an old friend of mine and has excellent podcasts including a gould one on Nakashima scroll down

http://twls.libsyn.com/

Jim Becker
07-11-2007, 2:06 AM
Thanks Roger and Mark. And I also recommend anyone who enjoy's Nakashima make an effort to visit the Nakashima facilities near where I live; especially if you can get one of the deluxe tours sponsored by the Mitchner Museum that include more of the galleries on the property than you can normally access during Saturday afternoon "open hours". Mira Nakashima usually does the deluxe tours and they also include a box lunch. These happen about once a month or so, but ticket availablity is limited.

Neil Lamens
07-11-2007, 9:20 AM
Thanks for the link.........I'm into that kinda stuff....so much history so little time.

New Raymond got Nakashima to Jimmy B's backyard.......but didn't realize it was during internment, just assumed it was after......COOL info!!!!

Neil