PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Laser Alignment - Missing Instructions

Ed Maloney
07-10-2007, 6:42 PM
Hey there folks. I just got a replacement laser tube and was about to start the alignment process. Turns out I think I'm missing a page from the instructions that were sent to me. There is a mention of masking tape and a target, but doesn't detail where to put the tape or where to put the plastic target.

Tech support is closed and I would really love to get the laser up again since I have a client waiting on a job.

Nigel Morgan
07-10-2007, 8:58 PM
Place the target into the left side of the lens/mirror holder on the X axis/I beam, it just slides in neatly. cut some circles out of tape and stick them onto the target, Laser/Raster a small square in each corner of your table, one at a time, on very low power just to create a small burn on the tape placed on the target, the laser beam should be firing somewhere within the smaller circle, so do each corner separatly with new tape. I can email you the full instrucy=tion if you contact me.

Jim Watkins
07-10-2007, 9:05 PM
I am not at home, but I think that plastic target goes in front of the downward mirror above the air assist. Mine fit right in there the other day when I was checking it out.

I did notice that mine is out of allignment at the right hand side of the table. I will be taking that up with my distributer when he comes over in a few weeks to do my training.

When I get home in a few hours, if I don't see an answer for you, I will pdf a copy of the page if it is in my book.

Nigel Morgan
07-10-2007, 9:11 PM
Here it is zipped, I uploaded a file simular the other day, specs for the DEOS tubes from the manufacturer, if you can't open this file right click and un-block

Mike Christen
06-07-2008, 2:34 PM
Hello

It seems my laser is out of allignment and I just downloaded this instructions attached on the post above but I can't open it. It says its corrupted. Being a weekend I would appriciate it if some one could repost it or send it to me. I have some work I need to get done, and I would like to do it this weekend.

Thank you very much
Mike

Joe Pelonio
06-07-2008, 3:49 PM
Hello

It seems my laser is out of allignment and I just downloaded this instructions attached on the post above but I can't open it. It says its corrupted. Being a weekend I would appriciate it if some one could repost it or send it to me. I have some work I need to get done, and I would like to do it this weekend.

Thank you very much
Mike
When saving from the post did you add .zip to the name?

Mike Christen
06-07-2008, 4:23 PM
Hi Joe

Yes I did, winzip opens it put won't extract it

Thanks
Mike

Joe Pelonio
06-07-2008, 7:03 PM
Hi Joe

Yes I did, winzip opens it put won't extract it

Thanks
Mike
I tried it and get that too, sorry.

Frank Corker
06-07-2008, 7:20 PM
It is a corrupted zip file. I don't have a copy of this to upload, but I do know that it is in a document format so I suggest you have a trawl through the Epilog website http://www.epiloglaser.com/

Peter Meacham
06-07-2008, 8:05 PM
Mike

I was able to extract and save as a .doc file (MS Word). But it is too large to attach to the forum again without zipping. I might be able to email it to you or FAX?

Pete

Peter Meacham
06-07-2008, 8:20 PM
Here is the Epilog Mini MS Word document zipped up again

Mike Christen
06-07-2008, 9:48 PM
Thanks Pete

I really appreciate your help. What was the trick?

Mike

Peter Meacham
06-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Mike

Well, I just unzipped the original posting to a word doc and then re-zipped it. I had no problems - do I presume it opened OK for you.

Pete

Scott Shepherd
06-08-2008, 9:59 AM
If not, here's the file zipped up as pdf, for those who don't have Word.

Mike Christen
06-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi Pete

Yes I opened your zip file and had no problems.

Thanks for your help !!!!!!!

Scott - Thanks for the PDF, I have MS word but the pdf will be good to have also and maybe someone else can use it.

Also thank you to everyone who helped out with my little emergency. Everything is good with the world again... well at least my laser.

Thanks again, great group here

Mike