PDA

View Full Version : Lost A Brother...Life Is So Precious

Phyllis Meyer
07-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

My 50 years old brother died suddenly of a brain annurism. No warning, he's gone. We were very close, and I have so many wonderful memories of him that I will treasure forever! We live in the same town and he called us up a few days before to have a campfire. My husband and I worked all day, cut the lawn...we were tired and we really didn't want to go. I said, "let's go". We are so happy we did and think about if we didn't. Our family has been faced with much tragedy, husband's sister killed by drunk driver, sister killed in vehicle accident, husband's mother died in house fire, other "normal" deaths...(are there any normal ones?). Nothing shocks us and to say and think...it will never happen to us is an understatement.

Each day is truly a gift. Hug your wife/husband/significant other, enjoy the kids, forgive that person that treated you bad, forget the grudges, put your feet up and just sit. We are all so busy, running here and there, take a moment to really think about what is important in your life...and as Garth Brooks sings "If tomorrow never comes, will they know how much I love them"? Tell the people in your life!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

John A. Williams
07-10-2007, 12:22 PM
so sorry to hear that, my condolances
John

Greg Peterson
07-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Jason King
07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. You're in my thoughts.

John Shuk
07-10-2007, 1:10 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. Thinking about you.

Robert Miller
07-10-2007, 1:16 PM
Prayers for your brother from Florida.

Joe Pelonio
07-10-2007, 1:17 PM
That's very sad news, Phyllis, I'm very sorry.

Roger Fitzsimonds
07-10-2007, 1:29 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

Roger

Belinda Barfield
07-10-2007, 1:55 PM
Oh, Phyllis, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You know you and your family are in my thoughts. Following the advice in your thread, I haven't taken the time lately to tell you how much I enjoy hearing from you, and reading your posts, and how much I appreciate the opportunity to get to know you. Big Hug from me to you.

Ron Jones near Indy
07-10-2007, 1:56 PM
I am sorry for the loss of your brother. Your family will be in my prayers. Your heartfelt advise is most appropriate. Thank you.

Jude Kingery
07-10-2007, 2:02 PM
Phyllis,

My sincere condolences. I think your message is so very important to us all. I, too, am very close to my two brothers and even though they're far away geographically speaking, we keep in touch often by phone or email. My husband doesn't walk out the door for work without a kiss from me. I'm so sorry about your loss and appreciate the reminders to make time count with our loved ones. Hopefully friends' thoughts and prayers can bring you a sense of comfort during a very difficult time. Jude

Ed Lang
07-10-2007, 3:46 PM
Phyllis and family

Prayers from the Lang family to yours.

Glenn Clabo
07-10-2007, 3:57 PM
There are never words good enough that say...I'm sorry. I have learned through the sudden loss of a sister and a wife of 30 years...they will always be with me...I need to just let myself listen.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-10-2007, 6:45 PM
Phyllis.....My sincere sympathies on the loss of your brother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Jason Roehl
07-10-2007, 7:03 PM
Absolutely our thoughts, prayers and condolences are with you. May you be blessed by the good memories you have of your time with your brother.

Mitchell Andrus
07-10-2007, 7:18 PM
My age.... makes you wonder.

Sorry. Time will help.

Jim Becker
07-10-2007, 8:32 PM
My sincere condolences on the loss of your brother.

Lee Schierer
07-10-2007, 8:44 PM
My sincere condolences. I know your pain, we lost my brother a few years ago to pancreatic cancer he wasn't even 50. We still miss him.

Tyler Howell
07-11-2007, 9:17 AM
Too young.
Thanks for the reminder.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dave Sinkus
07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Phyllis,
I am sorry to hear about your brother's shocking death. I am grateful to you for the reminder that we must leave no doubt in the minds of our loved ones that we do love them. I think the example of you gathering the energy to go to the campfire is inspirational. How timely things appear in hindsight.

My prayers for you and your family.

Leigh Costello
07-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Phyllis,
I am so sorry to hear your brother has passed away.

Take care, we are praying for you.

Karl Laustrup
07-12-2007, 8:49 AM
Condolences to you and your family Phyllis.

Your words about taking the time to visit and enjoy family and friends is not wasted on me. I'm a firm believer.

Karl

Dennis Peacock
07-12-2007, 9:05 AM
Phyllis,

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. You and the entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat Germain
07-12-2007, 11:17 AM
While there's no way I can fully appreciate how you feel, Phyllis, I can relate. I lost two brothers when they were young: one at age 9 and one at age 22. My condolences, Miss Phyllis. It's hard. Oh man, it's hard.

Indeed, it does make me appreciate life and all that's in it. Thanks for reminding me to remember those we've lost and celebrate that they lived by seizing each day we have.

Dave Ray
07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I am truly sorry for your loss. My prayers are for you and your family.

Phyllis Meyer
07-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Thank you everyone for all the kind words, thoughts and especially prayers! I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It's been tough getting back to work, our laser is my business. I will say that I find myself reading all your posts and just trying to get back into the swing of things. We run this laser as a buiness so the customers have actually been a great help. My brother was a fantastic funny man that could make anyone laugh! We are focusing on the memories.

Thank you again and may God Bless All You!

Sincerely,
Phyllis