PDA

View Full Version : 3D Acrylic Bottle Stoppers from Arizona Silhouette...

Ken Fitzgerald
07-10-2007, 9:47 AM
First....I made my first order from Arizona Silhouette last Saturday afternoon. Imagine my surprise when I opened the mailbox yesterday and it was here. Wow! The quality of pen blanks and a free one too!I also ordered some of their 3D Acrylic bottle stopper blanks....2 Marine Corps,1 Navy and one captured rose.While waiting for my youngest son to arrive last night I decided to turn the Navy one. Folks it's as easy as they show on the video at Arizona Silhouette and I was impressed! ....drill it...tap it....turn it....wet sand it......buff it.....INCREDIBLE! Impressed my son when I gave it to him when he got in late last night. As my wife of 38 years left me and took all 4 cameras with her...I can't prove it but it happened.....BTW...she told me to go ahead and get new camera....I'm still trying to decided whether I want the Nikon D-40 or the Canon Digital Rebel XTi...

Dennis Peacock
07-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Congrats Ken!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been dealing with "Uncle Bill" at Arizona Silhouette for about 4 years now and have been nothing but super pleased with the service and with the quality of the blanks. Wait until you turn a dye injected Buckeye Burl pen blank from ArSi...absolutely Beautiful!!!!! :D

Curt Fuller
07-10-2007, 7:12 PM
I also like Bill's stuff. His Baron pens are my favorites.

Jeff Moffett
07-10-2007, 7:52 PM
I'm still trying to decided whether I want the Nikon D-40 or the Canon Digital Rebel XTi...
It's a Ford vs. Chevy thing, but I'll cast my vote for Canon. I bought my first Canon dSLR a little over a year ago and absolutely love it. You'll know you've fallen into that abyss when you start buying lenses that cost more than the camera body. ;)

Gary Herrmann
07-10-2007, 8:34 PM
Yep, you gotta love a guy that sends you a free pen blank or two with every order. Bill sells good quality stuff and the give aways are a true sign of genius.

Bill Wyko
07-10-2007, 8:46 PM
I'm glad to hear this. Pens are on my to do list.

Terry Quiram
07-10-2007, 9:18 PM
Ken you don't want either of those cameras. You want a Cannon 30D.

Savin my shekles for one.
Terry

Jeff Moffett
07-10-2007, 9:42 PM
Ken you don't want either of those cameras. You want a Cannon 30D.
I'll second that motion. Every shot on my photography site (http://moffett.smugmug.com) was taken with a 30D.

Pete Jordan
07-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Jeff,

I am not even in the market for a camera but after seeing your photos I might change my mind! They are incredible!

Bernie Weishapl
07-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Ken I got the Canon Power Shot S3 IS. If I can ever get to set down and figure it out it takes some awful nice shots. Congrat on turning the acrylic stopper. Acrylic is a ball to turn and polish.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Guys......Early this evening I bought a Nikon D40X with a 18-55mm zoom, a 55-200 zoom. It came with a 1 G SD memory card...I purchased a 4 Gb SDHC memory card. It came with a case, strap, battery and charger. The battery is charging as I type. Photo evidence at 1100!