PDA

View Full Version : A couple pens

Bud Duffy
01-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Here are a few pens i have made. First is a pen made from a burnt walnut tree stump from my uncles farm in salem oregon with a plain old walnut pen. Then is one i made for LOML for her birthday today its made out of a piece of juniper from the firewood pile it has the most pretty quilting in it i have everseen the picture dosent even begin to show it. then is a pen i made out of some little elm trees that were in my backyard when i moved here 15 years agao they were dead then and for whatever reason i saved them . Then is a pic of most of the pens i have made so far since i started after christmas. Woops i forgot the elm pen pic but its the one in the middle of the group the one with the bulb on the end. Thanks for looking. Bud

Julie Wright
01-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Very Nice looking Pens. What type of wood was used for the pens in the last pic? All very nice looking

Bud Duffy
01-16-2004, 10:25 PM
From the left walnut, burnt walnut stump, zebrawood i think i got it in a grabbag at woodcraft , elm , more grabbag wood and more grabbag wood and finally i wanted to try a two tone and see what it would look like so i used a piece of walnut and i think holly its real finrr grained and hard it shines up real nice to altho the pic dosnt show very well.