PDA

View Full Version : cakepans

Dennis Kotlowski
09-26-2006, 9:44 PM
I was wondering if anybody here has any red and blue Doughmakers cake pans/lids that they would like to get rid of. Any help here would be appreciated.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Pete Simmons
09-27-2006, 7:04 AM
I need some too.

Doughmakers says they will have unpainted 9x13 lids first week of Oct. and painted 9x13 lids near the end of Oct.

They need to get hot on this or they will miss the holiday season.

SteveKrim
09-27-2006, 7:53 AM
Hi Guys - Think I have a couple in the basement, give me a day to figure out what I have... I'll be in touch.

Steve

Mitchell Andrus
09-27-2006, 8:30 AM
OK, I'll bite. What do you use them for? I'll assume not for baking... or have I slipped over to the Baker's Forum?

Mitch

Pete Simmons
09-27-2006, 8:56 AM
High Quality engraved Cake Pans.

Goto my homepage

Near the top you will see

KarensCakePans

take a look.

Rose Hamacher
09-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Dennis,

I have 12 red lids and 11 blue lids; 19 doughmaker pans and 18 grandma's touch pans. I bought a bunch and the demand around here has been less than I expected and I would like to free up some of my precious storage room. I also have 12 green lids if you want those.

You can have them for what I paid, plus the shipping.

Let me know.

Regards,
Rose Hamacher

Mitchell Andrus
09-27-2006, 2:03 PM
Wayelp, I'll be horn-swaggled. An entire cake pan sub-culture right amoungst us. Now I know.

Mitch

Barbara Buhse
09-27-2006, 7:12 PM
can you tell us more about the cake pans?
Do they sell well? what audience do you market them to (craftshows?)
do you custom engrave or generic messages?
I'd like to learn more about this please :)

Barbara

Dennis Kotlowski
09-27-2006, 7:25 PM
Barbara,

You can also checkout my homepage to see how I Market them. I just pick a few popular designs that my customers can choose from and then add "From the Kitchen of....". I also take requests from my customers for designs they want that I don't have listed. I usually target crafts shows and I wish I had a dollar for everytime somebody picks up one of my lids and says "WOW....what a great idea". I also target weddings, showers, local baking classes and stores. I hear they do well for fundraisers but have not had the time to market this. I have also thought about doing shows where I do the engraving on site.

sorry...Pete,(not Steve)

I know what you mean about them dropping the ball but it seems like the new rep Debbie has a better handle on it than Ryan did.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Barbara Buhse
10-01-2006, 8:32 PM
so these are meant to be ordered by someone, and they use it to take to someones house with a cake in it. Hmm, this is very interesting.

barbara

Howard Grant
10-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I have been lurking here for several weeks now and have learned SO MUCH!! And maybe one day I can return something back to SMC.
Now for a question.. on the doughakers etched lids are they anodized alumin., painted or plastic?
seems an interesting concept for schools, craft shows..etc.

Thanks for all for the selfless shareing of knowledge.
BTW... I have an epilog ext36 (24"x 36" bed) 120 watt. for inquireing minds :eek:

Dennis Kotlowski
10-02-2006, 5:33 AM
Howard,

They are powder coated aluminum lids.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Dave Strickler
10-03-2006, 9:47 AM
I just talked to Doughmakers this morning. They said they would have unpainted lids by the end of October. They also said that they are not even sure if they will continue handling the painted lids. The lady I talked to in customer service made it sound like the painted lids would no longer be available.

Does anyone know of an alternate supplier for painted lids which would fit the Doughmakers pans?

SteveKrim
10-03-2006, 1:32 PM
Sounds like an opportunity here, if they are in fact discontinuing the lids... Being in Detroit, there are hundreds of job shops that could do this very easily (tools & die - stamping plant - production paint) - if there is adequete interest - I can make some inquiries...

Dennis - I may need to keep one as a sample :rolleyes:

I just talked to Doughmakers this morning. They said they would have unpainted lids by the end of October. They also said that they are not even sure if they will continue handling the painted lids. The lady I talked to in customer service made it sound like the painted lids would no longer be available.

Does anyone know of an alternate supplier for painted lids which would fit the Doughmakers pans?

Dennis Kotlowski
10-03-2006, 7:20 PM
Dave,

When calling Doughmakers about the lids ask for Debbie.....she is the rep. You will get mixed answers from customer service. When I first found out that the lids were backordered customer service told me they think they were not going to deal with the colored lids anymore but when I talked to Debbie she assured me that they were still going to handle them they just were not sure exactly when. Their largest buyer gets 50,000 units a year (in colored lids). I don't think they are just going to throw that away.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Dave Strickler
10-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Dennis,

I called Doughmakers again today and talked to Debbie. She said the unpainted lids would be in sometime in early November, but they then have to be sent out to be painted. She said she wasn't sure if they would be ready for the holiday season. They were a big seller for me last holiday season.

Does anyone know if the Nordicware lids fit the Doughmakers 9x13 pans?

Dennis Kotlowski
10-05-2006, 9:02 AM
Dave,

The Nordicware lids will not fit the Doughmakers pans. I have a small supple of Doughmakers 9x13 lids/pans I will be using this holiday season. Debbie did talk me in to trying out the 9x9's but they have not gone over to well so far. If I have to switch to the Nordicware lids half way through the season I guess I will just have to do that. The Nordicware lids engrave nice but the quality of the lid and pan is just not the same as the Doughmakers. If you call Nordicware they will send out a sample set for you to try out.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

DIANA M. THOMPSON
10-22-2006, 11:26 AM
I AM LOOKING FOR 9 x 13 DOUGHMAKER'S COLORED LIDS ALSO. THESE WOULD BE USED TO FILL ORDERS I TOOK AT CRAFT SHOWS IN JUNE. THIS IS SUCH A "TRICKLE DOWN" EFFECT. GREAT PRODUCT AND IN MY OPINION, JUST TAKING OFF. I WOULD BE INTERESTED AS TO WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO REGARDING BROCHURES, WEB SITES, ETC. I HATE TO CALL IT QUITS ON DOUGHMAKER'S. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND IF YOU DO BY ANY CHANCE HAVE LIDS, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
DIANA M. THOMPSON
CROOKSTON, MN

Pete Simmons
10-22-2006, 5:20 PM
We are going to sell out quickly of our small stock of 9 x 13.

So - I will change the website to just sell the 9x9 sq of which I have a fair number of. I hope as the holidays approach people will buy the 9x9 if that is what is offered. This should keep the web sales flowing along at low speed maybe long enough til they start selling the painted lids again.

As much as I would like to paint my own lids I do not want to test the issue of food safe paint.

Dave Jones
10-22-2006, 6:43 PM
Somebody on Engraving Etc. posted a couple of days ago that they just received a letter from Doughmakers saying that effective immediately they will no longer be stocking any of the painted lids. So, I guess they changed their minds (again?).

The unpainted ones will still be sold.

Dennis Kotlowski
10-22-2006, 10:04 PM
From what I have heard they are going through bankruptcy so they do not have the funds to send the lids to be painted. They should not have lied to us saying it was a sourcing issue. Even though Nordicware pans are not as good I bet they are lovin this.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

SteveKrim
12-07-2006, 9:23 AM
I was wondering if anybody here has any red and blue Doughmakers cake pans/lids that they would like to get rid of. Any help here would be appreciated.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Dennis - I have sent you the pans we agreed upon (11/09)
"Yes....I did get them today. Thank you!! I will mail you a check this weekend. Thank you for your help."

Then I have PM'd you a couple times - still no check - apparently the PM's are not getting through...

Please send the payment - I should have done pay-pal...

Karin Voorhis
12-07-2006, 10:22 AM
As I was thinking how bad this was for us all. but then I saw Dennis's Pans at a show and wow it is not bad for me as I have not done one but his where great adn I can see the customer base for such an item and thoose of you doing this it has to be a hard hit for you all.

I just think the company went about it the wrong way and strung you all along.

Bob Yeager
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have a painted lid that is NOT sellable (maybe misspelled name or dented or whatever)??? If you will send it to me...I can show it to a couple of people around here and see if we can "reproduce" the paint.

If someone is interested send me a PM and I'll send you my address.

I'm going to order some unpainted pans today from Dough Maker...I haven't seen or lasered any painted lids, sounds like a popular idea.

Bob

brenda oxenreider
07-08-2007, 2:21 PM
can you tell us more about the cake pans?
Do they sell well? what audience do you market them to (craftshows?)
do you custom engrave or generic messages?
I'd like to learn more about this please :)

Barbara
Hi Barb,
Has any one helped you get started? I too would love to have some one help me get started as well. I had checked out many machines and so over whelmed for which one would be best for engraving the cake pan lids. Hope you can help me here in PA.
Sincerely Brenda;)

brenda oxenreider
07-08-2007, 2:25 PM
Barbara,

You can also checkout my homepage to see how I Market them. I just pick a few popular designs that my customers can choose from and then add "From the Kitchen of....". I also take requests from my customers for designs they want that I don't have listed. I usually target crafts shows and I wish I had a dollar for everytime somebody picks up one of my lids and says "WOW....what a great idea". I also target weddings, showers, local baking classes and stores. I hear they do well for fundraisers but have not had the time to market this. I have also thought about doing shows where I do the engraving on site.

sorry...Pete,(not Steve)

I know what you mean about them dropping the ball but it seems like the new rep Debbie has a better handle on it than Ryan did.

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts
Hi Dennis, Can you help me choose the best engraver? I really would appreciate it. Thank you so much. Brenda in PA. :o

brenda oxenreider
07-08-2007, 7:24 PM
Can you tell me which Epilog engraver would be best for engraving cake pan lids and more? Thank you! Brenda in PA

Kenneth Hertzog
07-08-2007, 8:43 PM
Brenda
Where in PA are you and what size cake pan lids are you looking to engrave.
I can maybe help you. I'm 50 miles north of pittsburgh
ken

Randall Johnson
09-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Hello,
I realize this is a very old post but I am wondering if anyone is looking for painted lids and pans for the upcoming holiday season. I purchased some of the Doughmakers pans and lids way back when they were still available (before this original post!). I occasionally sell some but am taking my business in a different direction and would like to sell-off my remaining inventory. These are the original Doughmakers painted lids in red, blue and green. I have cake pans and brownie pans in both the smooth and pebble pattern.

Pete Simmons
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I will take a fair number of these depending on price and quanty that you have.

You can put me down for 5 or 6 dozen.