PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service number for Sjoberg ?

Dave Sinkus
07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi all. Anyone ever tried to contact Sjoberg? I can't find a customer service number or a web site in English that starts with 'Sjoberg'.

I just bought the 1660 at Woodcraft and assembling it last night there is one bolt that holds the stretchers to the legs that I can not get the nut started on, as in threads are screwed up. The nut is special, as in it has some prongs, ala tnuts, to grab hold of the wood in the strecther side. All of the nuts were good as I tested them on the other 3 good bolts. If it wasn't metric and the nuts weren't special, I would have just re tapped it.

I wouldn't mind going to the local Ace HW store to get a replacement carrigae bolt, but I would rather have the problem fixed by a UPS box showing up at the house. BTW, the Woodcraft store said to call them back if I couldn't find the Sjoberg contact info.

I was hoping a fellow creeker may have had to contact Sjoberg in the past.

Thanks,
Dave

Paul Canaris
07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Woodcraft should be able to locate that for you. Let them earn your repeat business.;)

Dave Sinkus
07-09-2007, 7:10 PM
Good suggestion Pat. I did an online chat with Woodcraft and they are sending a replacement bolt.
It is an M10x110 bolt, nothing special, but Woodcraft is trying to make me happy, so that makes me happy.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Sinkus
07-09-2007, 7:12 PM
I meant Paul.
And I also meant top spell Woodcraft

Steven Wilson
07-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Head office

AB Bröderna Sjöberg
Fabriksgatan 2
SE-570 02 Stockaryd
Sweden

Telephone (+46) (0) 382 257 00
Fax (+46) (0) 382 208 27
office@sjobergs.se

The office is open Monday-Friday 07.30-16.30.
Closed for lunch 12.00-12.45

Dave Sinkus
07-10-2007, 10:18 AM
After work yesterday I went home and was looking at the warranty card. I see the phone numbers and got to wondering how that conversation would go if I don't speak Swedish.

I should probably fly over there amongst all of those Nordic blondes to get the replacement bolt. It is probably best if my wife stays home with the kids since she doesn't like to shop for tools and woodworking stuff. :rolleyes:

As a followup from Woodcraft, they are shipping me a replacement bolt. I did not have to beg and plead, which was nice. I am happy with their customer service.

Steven Wilson
07-10-2007, 1:02 PM
Dave, your conversation with them would go just fine because they speak English. I've lived and worked all over the globe and obtaining tech support in English has never been a problem