PDA

View Full Version : 500 Bd Ft Ambrosia Maple Help

Ernie Kuhn
07-09-2007, 11:28 AM
All,
Just ordered some alcohol based dyes from Choice Woods (spoke with Clay Johnson). He was in Portland last weekend at the AAW Symposium, with a bunch of Ambrosia Maple. He needs our help.
It seems 3 or 4 guys went together and purchased all of Clay's Ambrosia Maple on Sunday at the symposium (about 500 board feet). He helped them load. They told him they would be back up to his booth directly to settle up. In the rush and confusion of the end of the day, Clay did not get their names. And, evidently they forgot which vendor they bought the wood from, did not find him before they left the convention center.

So, the folks that bought the Ambrosia Maple from him may need his contact information in order to forward a check to settle up. If you could put this request out to our members and any other clubs/wood turners you have contact with (ask them to keep their ears to the ground), Clay would be most grateful. His contact information is:

Clay Johnson
CHOICE WOODS
451 Baxter Ave
Louisville, KY 40204
502-587-0777
888/895-7779
"I only ship what I would want to receive"

Clay is sure it was an honest oversight, but would really appreciate our help.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ernie

TYLER WOOD
07-09-2007, 3:20 PM
If your looking for someone to send a check to, I'll be that person. Maybe not the exact person your looking for, but the wife will apreciate it.

It would go a long way to me getting more turning time!:D

Ernie Kuhn
07-16-2007, 11:37 AM
All,
Just heard from Clay Johnson that all is well. The purchasers at the Portland show have been in touch with Clay. They were gone until 7/16 and have returned.
Woodturners, a truely honest bunch!!!!
Thanks for you help.
Ernie

Patrick Taylor
07-16-2007, 11:42 AM
That's great to hear. :)

Tony Kent
07-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Hello
Wow, I must be getting cynical when I read this post my reaction was that he was taken for a ride. I am so glad to hear all is well.
This reaffirms my faith in people, but mostly in our fellow woodturners, truly a great group of people.
Tony

Keith Burns
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I hate to say it, but I too was thinking that Clay had been had. Glad to hear he wasn't ! Like has been said, woodturners are a great bunch:)