PDA

View Full Version : Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Good Morning
9 Jul 2007

It's been a good weekend here and this has probably been the wettest summer I can remember. It's been cooler temp wise and much wetter. In fact, it's raining right now. Normally this time of year, it's as dry as a bone and hotter than the local kitchen's oven. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for the rain and the cooler temps.

Our family garden is doing very nicely this year and with all the rain we've been getting? We are now giving away as much as we are keeping. But ya know, it's nice to be able to give to people who need or appreciate it. We as a family really enjoy helping others and when we do? That brings us happiness and satisfaction. It's a good feeling....ya know?! :)

I am in the final throws of getting ready for another Disaster Recovery Exercise for two of our customers. So it's going to be another trip to Philadelphia for more computer work. I just hope the exercise all goes smoothly and is successful. Too mad that they didn't have it scheduled so I could make the Five Barns Gathering.......that would have been way cool.!!!!

I'll be getting back on the table project this week as well as getting ready for yet, one more kitchen table project for a neighbor of our down the street. Fortunately for me......the next kitchen table will not be oval. :D

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
This weekend......Housework, finish turning the 14 couch legs for my brother........sharpened some tools turned some pens...cooked....did laundry...........Did I mention that my wife of 38 years took all 4 of her cameras and left me?

(PS She went to visit her Mom for a month. She's returning in August)

Nancy Laird
07-09-2007, 11:25 AM
cooked....did laundry...........Did I mention that my wife of 38 years took all 4 of her cameras and left me?

(PS She went to visit her Mom for a month. She's returning in August)

Ken, methinks that you are trying to garner some sympathy for having to batch it for a month. Either that, or you're trying to get some poor unsuspecting soul to Idaho to cook and clean for you. 'Fraid you're outta luck with this crowd. :D ;)

Seriously, hope the summer goes well for you and that Sharon has a good visit with her mom.

Our weekend? Lazy. Got all the packing done, the last-minute chores finished, one last laser project finished, and the house buttoned up. Oh, yeah, LOML decided that as a "thank you" to the crew at WWS for their help with the AWFS booth, we would treat them to a spaghetti lunch today before we leave town. So since Saturday morning we've turned 20 pounds of ground chuck into spaghetti sauce, 10 pounds of meatballs, a pot full of vegatarian maranara, 16 pounds of pasta to be cooked, 14 loaves of bread sliced and buttered with garlic butter and ready to go under the broiler. He wanted to prepare to feed 100 people, and there's enough food to feed an army. Now, what to do with the leftovers????

We're headed to Vegas this afternoon, and I'll keep on posting from "Sin City" and the AWFS.

Nancy

Al Willits
07-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Considering the heat, did pretty well, almost got the storage cabinet done and outta the garage, and spent a small fortune hitting Cabella's and any other sporting goods store we seen buying "stuff" for the new boat...did I mention we bought a new fishing boat? :D :D :D
Also got the old boat sold, first guy to look at it, bought it, kinda hated to see it go after all these years of useage, been a good boat.

Was to hot to work on the new kitchen window, but hopefully will get the brick molding in this week, then I get to do the other kitchen window.

Al

TYLER WOOD
07-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, I almost got my lawn mowed, almost got into my garage to do some work, and almost had some fun. I just wasn't very sucessful this weekend. Too hot to finish mowing the lawn (all but the back yard got done). Didn't have enough free time after playing with the kids to get into the garage and do some stuff. Don't tell the people in the turner's area, but I have a couple cabinet drawers and a paper storage cabinet to finish. Both are started, just can't seem to get over the hump and get em finished. But I havn't turned anything since I satrted either of them, so that's not the excuse (fishing is).

glenn bradley
07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Visited friends in Antioch which is near Pittsburg, CA. Yes we have a Pittsburg (but we drop the H) just like AL, FL, MD and SC get a Hollywood. Had a great week of laying by the pool and trying to consume my body-weight in food each day. Got back home in time to do a little more work on the workbench base. Boy did that lawn grow while I was gone.

Matt Meiser
07-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Extremely hot here. 99 degrees at my house yesterday and when we went to the grocery store the bank across the parking lot said 102.

I got my cabinet boxes all assembled, drawers made, and got the hinge mounting plates mounted. I also measured for my doors and drawer fronts which I need to doublecheck before starting, but other than that I'm ready to go on them.

I also got an email from someone wanting to buy the Walker-Turner table saw I restored a while back, which is good because now I have some cash to buy an old Duro 6" jointer from a guy in my WW club--hoping to go up and look at it this afternoon after the guy comes to get the saw.

Grady Cowardin
07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Rain? What Rain!?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/qwikkota/Flood2.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/qwikkota/Flood1.jpg

4" in an hour saturday...

Grant Davis
07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Not much of a productive weekend in the shop, but a very productive weekend as a father. I took 4 days off last week and spent all of the time with my oldest daughter (15y/11m) practicing her maneuverability for her DL test next month. We also watched several movies(she is a fanatic) and framed a few pictures. Yesterday I took my youngest to a local college to spend the next 5 days at a volleyball camp run by the college girls team and coach. This Thursday they have a presentation to show off their skills and play competitive games in their age groups.

Joe Mioux
07-09-2007, 12:34 PM
worked at work until 3:00 pm, Big Wedding day because of Sat's date of 7 7- 2007. CNN reported that 70,000 marriages were performed on Sat.

Sunday, lots of yard work, in the hot sun. pulled out the water garden plants and divided them.

Mon, received a woodworking tool.

Joe

Don Bullock
07-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Well for us it was a real bummer weekend at the dog shows. Friday the judge selected the Best of Breed from the classes, overlooking all the Champions. He selected a female and then tried to give our Champion female Best Opposite Sex. Saturday we got Best Opposite Sex to the number five basset hound (we're number six) that flew in for the show (one of his owners in on the judge selection committee for the three shows). Then on Sunday the judge pulled out two females and the number 5 male as a cut before making his final decision. Well, the other female won. To be so close and not win one of the shows (all worth about 50 breed points) was a big dissapointment. That's dog shows. Now, on the the next shows in two weeks.

No, I didn't get much else done in the shop. Just did a little finishing and fitting of a drawer for the end table, doing some finish samples on a piece of cherry for the table I'm working on (I'm trying to decide how I want to finish the table), and a little design work on my mantle project. Today, I'm making up for lost time. I just spent about two hours in the shop sanding on the end table this morning. After my break I'm going to be cutting some molding for the mantle and work on my finish sample board.