PDA

View Full Version : Mercury L-25 Driver Issue ?

William Wilkie
07-09-2007, 1:33 AM
Hello guys, I manage a Industrial Control Panel shop in S.C.
We have been doing our own engraving on a New Hermes V3400 Screw Machine for about 7 years, so I have some (lol) knowledge about engraving.

Last week we purchased a GCC Mercury L-25 machine (used) but in great condition. I have already found a wealth of information on this site that has helped a great deal.....THANKS...

My issue is as follows:
We installed the supplied drivers on the computer, started the machine up and everything was running great. Then today out of nowhere I was running a small job using Corel X3 and the software crashed. The crash did not interfere with the job that was running (at that time) I think.
I restarted the computer and the machine and everything came back up just fine. When I started the next job up, about half way through, it just wigged out and started burning random patterns. OK, so next I restarted all once again, when the Mercury recieves the job and I press start I get a error on the LCD that states, "Unknown command use GCC or HPGL driver". I have uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers just as before, three times over with no luck, same error mesg.....Next I hooked the machine up to a virgin computer and same thing all over again. ....

Has anyone ran into this problem or something similar ????? I am really in a bind as I have a huge job to run this week and it would take forever on the old screw machine. Where could I go to find the updated drivers and / or firmware updates.......

Could someone maybe post what the latest driver and F/W versions are for this machine.

Thanks in advance guys,,,,,I have really found this site very helpful...

Best Regards,
William Wilkie

Rodne Gold
07-09-2007, 2:37 AM
You have to uninstall and delete certain files to re-install the drivers.
Try here for more instructions and the latest working drivers/FW
http://www.jorlink.com/page.aspx?page_id=49

William Wilkie
07-09-2007, 4:11 PM
Thanks for the info. I updated the drivers and FW, however the probelm was a loose DRAM..........Funny how it turns out to be the simplest things sometime.

Thanks again guys.

Tomasz Olech
08-31-2012, 6:50 AM
Hi there guys. It's my forst post and I would like to welcome everybody.

Glad I could find this forum. Less than a month ago I've bought used GCC Mercury L-30W. It was running ok cutting really small items (simple ones) Every time I've been trying to cut circles or some wiered shapes I've been getting "Unknown command use GCC or HPGL driver"
Besides that my Mercury was jumping around table and cutting couple items in the same spot.

Tried new drivers corel setting untill uncle google pointed me this thread.

After checking the DRAM module and cleaning the socket I'm getting a message Bad DRAM module replae it. The thing is it's not showing up all the time. Mercury is waking up, passing through initialization and when I try to send anything from PC to Mercury it stop responding.

Now waiting on a new memory module and hopefully it will fix my problem.

Cheers Tomasz