PDA

View Full Version : OK, you got me...

Mike A. Smith
07-09-2007, 12:28 AM
The starter pen kit has been ordered.

Nancy Laird
07-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Boy are you in trouble now? Make sure you take a picture of all the money you now have and post it above your lathe, as that's the last you'll see of it.

Welcome to the abyss!!

Nancy

Ken Fitzgerald
07-09-2007, 1:16 AM
Mike.....You won't regret it! I just came in from the shop from finish turning my 3rd Euro pen today. I had a couple problems with the blanks but that's not unusual. Pens are quick....nearly instant gratification and everyone likes them! It's a very useful tool.

Creeker Joel Sauter was here visiting this afternoon. We sharpened his new 8 piece Benjamin's Best turning tool set. BTW..as a Moderator I'm going to report Joel in another thread for holding out on the Creek! He watched me turn, finish and assemble a Euro. The wood was punky and I noticed it when I drilled it for the tubes but it sure was a pretty piece of redwood burl. So ...sure enough Joel got to watch 2 places ..one on each barrel break out/tear out. We finished it and assemble it anyway. Joel now has a neat shop pen.

You'll enjoy pens! Congrats!

Bernie Weishapl
07-09-2007, 9:42 AM
Well Mike Nancy said it best. Post the picture right in front of the lathe. Welcome to the dark side of turning. Enjoy.

Jim Myers
07-09-2007, 9:48 AM
I have been having fun turning a few pens for my wife and I don't even have a lathe yet.

This weekend I turned a lanyard pen kit I picked up at Woodcraft becase I was there and she wanted one.

I turned it out of Purpleheart and it came out real nice. Finished with CA and friction polish.

She took it so fast I could not get a picture of it.

One of these days when the garage gets cleaned out I will join everyone and actually purchase a lathe to make doing this easier.

Have fun turning them.