PDA

View Full Version : Uuurrrrrrgggg!!!!! Wds1600

Scott Coffelt
01-16-2004, 12:12 PM
I have the Ryobi WDS1600, I got it new for a great price when they were discontinuing it (of course I dind't know this at the time). I just can not stand changing the paper. I was sanding the top down last night to my table project. After several tries to get the paper to stay put, I about went ballistic. Some days the paper goes on like it should, others it loosens up during operation. Nothing like a poor tool operations to get in the way of WWing. When the paper stays put it works pretty good and I am generally happy with the results, but when it doesn't it seems like I can spend an hour farting around with it.

I think it is time to convert to a H&L. Anyone done this with their Ryobi or Performix 16/32? At this point it is this or I may be dumping it into the classifieds because it is just a royal PITA.

Where is a good place to get a conversion kit? and Paper?

Alan Turner
01-16-2004, 12:31 PM
If I am understanding you, you have a drum sander, and are having paper trouble and want to go H&L. You might try Woodmaster, as they sell a retrokit. I bought it for my old Kuster 37", but use it so rarely that I have not yet installed. It is still in the box. They were most helpful on the hpone, and so you might give them a try.
Alan