PDA

View Full Version : Good melamine in Ontario CA. area

Rick Potter
07-08-2007, 3:18 AM
I am going to build some closet organizers for the new house. Went to my local hardwood and cabinet supplier, Cherokee Hardwoods, for some good melamine, and all they carry is low grade stuff like the borg.

I still have some scraps from the last time I did this a few years ago. The coating is slick like an epoxy paint, and the P-board is much more dense than what I can currently find. I was told then that there are nine different grades of melamine. The store where I got it is gone, and I can't find the really nice stuff anywhere.

Anyone know where it might be available? I live in Upland CA....near Ontario.

Thanks,

Rick Potter

Chris Barton
07-08-2007, 8:03 AM
Try your local pet food dealer... Sorry, it was just too tempting! The borgs carry melamine in 3/4" 4x8 sheets here in the states. All the melamine I've seen was on particle board... good luck.

Lee DeRaud
07-08-2007, 9:56 AM
Anyone know where it might be available? I live in Upland CA....near Ontario.Might want to give Reel Lumber (http://www.reellumber.com/) a call: they seem to stock all sorts of oddball specialty sheet goods. Their Riverside location is about where the 91 and 60 meet.

Jim McCarty
07-08-2007, 10:02 AM
You may have some pieces of Kortron instead of Melamine. Kortron was VERY smooth and slick, but isn't around anymore. Melamine is more durable and has a finish that's not quite as slick. Besides Reel Lmbr., there's also Kelly-Wright, Austin Hardwoods, and Ganahl Lmbr. Best of luck.

glenn bradley
07-08-2007, 11:18 AM
As Lee recommends; Reel Lumber in Riverside, corner of Linden and Chicago. They carry melamine over MDF which may be what you're looking for. Some sheet product they carry at their Anaheim store but can bring it in. About a 30 minute drive depending what part of Ontario you're coming from. Closed Sunday.

You may also want to check with Peterman Lumber, 10330 Elm Ave, Fontana, CA 92337 Phone:(909) 357-7730

Rick Potter
07-09-2007, 2:24 AM
Reel lumber is where I get a lot of my oak, but I havn't looked at their sheet goods for a while. Kortron? Maybe that is what I have, sure wish I could find more.

I'll check it out.

Thanks,

Rick P