PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
01-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Good friday morning to you all!

It's raining here in Okieland this morning and supposed to continue through tomorrow. Sounds like good shop weather to me. I have two goals for this weekend. One is to finish, mostly anyway, the two mantle clocks I have been piddling on and two is to get the blanket chest for my wife designed. I have most of the material for the chest and need to get cracking on it.

So what's going on in your shop this weekend?

Have a great weekend everyone,
Bob

Mike Evertsen
01-16-2004, 11:23 AM
looks like we're going to get sleet freezing rain tonite and saturday so I'll be in the shop trying to finish screwing up the entertainment center I'm building,,,,,need to get it done,,,,,

Dan Bussiere
01-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Yes Sir,
Cold weather means shop time here (also watching ball games on shop TV). Fire up the propane heater and make some dust. Gosh, now all I need is something to build....
Have a great weekend, folks.
Dan

Eric Sanford
01-16-2004, 12:16 PM
get a couple of coats of varnish on my shop stool, buy some QSWO so it can acclimate to the shop, finish drafting plans for a corner table to be made with said WO.

Eric

Dick Parr
01-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Don’t know yet! :confused: Have lots of wood and lots of time but just don’t know what to build anymore. The house if full, I don’t have a corner or wall left that doesn’t have something next to it. Guess I will have to start looking through some magazines to get some ideas.

I wanted to watch the Sony Open this weekend since it is starting a new season. Was watching last night, but it has turned out to be the Michelle Wie show. She might be good, but she isn’t a pro yet. They give more air time to a 14 year old then they do to 20 and 30 year pros. What’s sports getting to. :mad:

Chris Padilla
01-16-2004, 1:07 PM
The work I am doing this weekend is leading up to some WWing! :)

LOML and I need to clean/scrub the walls/ceiling in the TV room and prime them. I still gotta remove all the baseboard and case trim around the doors (wood/sliding glass) and even pull down the ceiling speakers.

This is the same room I have been having fun with my fireplace insert in (see post here and also see http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?postid=39513#post39513 for a couple a shots of my future EC)

Jim Becker
01-16-2004, 7:08 PM
I am thinking that I will be trying to stay warm while doing the final cleaning and setup on the MM-16 that has been lonely and shivering in the shop all week while I worked on paying for it... :D Should that be accomplished, I'll be doing some test "slices" with it and then moving on to a few other shop chores and maybe starting some small projects or turnings if I have time. (I'm behind on my "house" chores this week and SWMBO will beat me if don't catch up... :rolleyes: )

Saturday night is "dinner out" night with another couple...we have this 3rd Saturday each month thing going with them where we pick a fine restaurant that we or they or both haven't eaten at to check out and enjoy the food. This week is a local place that Ali and I have eaten at, but is new to our friends...extraordinary food and BYOB.

Tyler Howell
01-16-2004, 7:42 PM
Poor Jim so lonely. :eek:

I should be so lucky with employees pounding on my door with every little problem while I’m wading through the Creek for new ideas..... I mean balancing the budget, and projecting new resources, and of course assure national security and blah blah blah!! :o

Trimming out the new bay windows. Hooking up some plumbing in the new kitchen and a night on the town with the precious and lovely :cool: .

Remember why it is a long weekend for some. ;)

Have a good one.

Tyler

Jim Becker
01-16-2004, 7:49 PM
Poor Jim so lonely.

I think the saw was the lonely one...I, however, was never that way all week with business travel, jury duty and a billion interminable conference calls...most of which didn't interfere with visiting SMC... :D And, of course, the birdies to demand attention every hour on the hour for head scratches, etc.

Paul B. Cresti
01-16-2004, 8:21 PM
Good friday morning to you all!

It's raining here in Okieland this morning and supposed to continue through tomorrow. Sounds like good shop weather to me. I have two goals for this weekend. One is to finish, mostly anyway, the two mantle clocks I have been piddling on and two is to get the blanket chest for my wife designed. I have most of the material for the chest and need to get cracking on it.

So what's going on in your shop this weekend?

Have a great weekend everyone,
Bob

More wiring, more wiring, more wiring, make final connection of 125amp sub panel and then on Monday install new 200amp service and energize! Then...........BINGO I finally have power in the shop after a year of no workie...Oh and in between, electrical inspection..... insulation...sheetrock...Maybe next year I will actually get to use my shop again!

Tyler Howell
01-17-2004, 12:16 AM
Paul,

Don't let the smoke out. Electrical panels don't work if you let the smoke out :rolleyes:

Tyler

John Miliunas
01-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Setup the D4, clean the oil off the Forstner bits, squirt some clear on a couple mini-projects, mill and rip down som 6/4 Oak for another project. If the whether cooperates, go pick up a very used WH molder. Have a great weekend everyone! :cool:

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-17-2004, 7:08 AM
Hope to get the Lumber for the Coffin Project..........that I REALLY need to get out of my shop. Plan to log some road time laying the groundwork for the Freedom Pen Project. Going to see about getting some donations of Lumber for Blanks, and checking other avenues of support. Also, turning Freedom Pens and prepping blanks for additional pens later. Maybe, just maybe, I will also get some regular Lathe time for a bowl or two...........and if things REALLY go right, perhaps some Flatwork. I have some Ziricote that I have been dying to play with! Have a good weekend! (Woops,forgot about Football Sunday......that too!) :D