PDA

View Full Version : Bob Lasley so what ya going to do with your new TS

John Weber
01-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Bob,

Congrats on your top tip in Wood Mag this month. Looks like a nice prize as well. Any plans?

John

Bob Lasley
01-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks John,

It does look like a nice little saw, but not quite a replacement for my cabinet saw, so I guess I will sell it when it gets here and put the money towards upgrading one of my tools that needs it.

Bob

John Weber
01-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Bob,

It does look like a nice little saw, do you do any job site work? However I would sell it as well, but you should treat yourself to something special. Maybe something from LN.

John

Don Abele
01-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Bob, since it's a Ridgid, maybe return it to Home Depot? "Hey, I got this as a gift and don't want it." Just a thought.

Be well,

Doc

Keith Starosta
01-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Bob, since it's a Ridgid, maybe return it to Home Depot? "Hey, I got this as a gift and don't want it." Just a thought.

Be well,

Doc

Doc, don't look now, but........somebody stole you beard!!!

:D :D

Keith

Robert Mayer
01-16-2004, 1:44 PM
I saw the same saw in Home Depot yesterday. Pretty nice saw. I wish I had the cash to buy it to replace my piece of junk.

Don Abele
01-16-2004, 1:52 PM
Keith, I kept getting PM's about it. Like why I had one if I was in the Navy. So rather than keep explaining that I grew it while I was on a deployment, I just found another photo and used it. Thanks for noticing.

Be well,

Doc

Chris Padilla
01-16-2004, 2:01 PM
Keith, I kept getting PM's about it. Like why I had one if I was in the Navy. So rather than keep explaining that I grew it while I was on a deployment, I just found another photo and used it. Thanks for noticing.

Be well,

Doc

My Dad is USN-Ret (20 years, 1981 retired) and I've never known him without his beard and mustache. My mother says he looks funny without it! :p

Have the rules changed?

Terry Quiram
01-16-2004, 8:00 PM
I grew a beard in 1971 while in the Navy. CNO Adm. Zumwalt said we could so I did. And as of today I still haven't shaved it off. Oldest son was born in '72' and has never seen me without one.

Terry

Doug Jones
01-16-2004, 9:59 PM

Be well,

Doc

Bob, This statement from Don is a possibility if you are considering this option. A while back I won a Wilton CMS from this board donated by GIS (still very greatful to both parties). Even though it was a fine saw the one I had was a bit better. I found out the saw was originally purchased at a Menard's home improvement store. I took the saw to our local Menard's. I told them the story, that I won it here on this forum. They punched it up on their computer and since it was still in the system they had no problem of me returning it for in store credit.

Congrats on your win.

Bob Lasley
01-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestion on taking it to HD. I had already thought of that, but from what I have been told they will only give store credit. Other than one or two tool items, HD just doesn't have much that I want. I'm thinking along the lines of a bigger bandsaw, 16 or 17 inch maybe.

Bob

Glenn Clabo
01-17-2004, 6:32 AM
Chris,
Just after your father got out they changed the rules. I had a beard the entire time (except bootcamp) I was in also. I got out in 1980 with one.

Submariners sometimes get to grow em on patrols...it's rare nowadays though.

Daniel Rabinovitz
01-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Bob
Finally received my issue of WOOD this week.
Congratulations again.
Had time to scrutinize the jig and it looks great.
Will probably build one as soon as woodworking season comes around again.
TA-Rah
Daniel
:cool:

Doug Jones
01-18-2004, 12:33 PM
as soon as woodworking season comes around again.
:cool:

Does this mean that it is not in season now? Have I been woodworking illegally?
Just funnin,,,

Daniel Rabinovitz
01-18-2004, 1:23 PM
Nah!
It means that I can't drag my table saw, sander/planer, cross cut miter saw - out into the driveway to work on wood in a snow storm. ;)
Daniel

Does this mean that it is not in season now? Have I been woodworking illegally?
Just funnin,,,