PDA

View Full Version : Latest Shop Additions GLOAT

Jay Brewer
07-07-2007, 5:30 PM
Hi everyone, havent posted any pics in a while. I finally got some new machines setup.

The first machine is a Kreg floor model pocket hole machine. I got the electric version, because I cut alot of pocket hole and my compressor had a hard time keeping up with the Forman that this one replaced.

The next machine is a Delta Oscillating Edge sander. I needed a larger sander for the edges of doors. I havent had a chance to use it yet, but it does run very smooth. I posted my Grizzly edge sander in the classifieds.

Last machine is a Powermatic Line and Construction boring machine. This machine drills the holes for the shelf supports on the cabinet sides. I got very tired of doing it with the Rockler jig and a hand drill. The head can also rotate vertically and drill into the side of a panel for dowel construction. Thanks for looking

67573 67574

Jason Boushard
07-07-2007, 6:37 PM
wow nice gloat hope they serve you well.

Dave Shively
07-07-2007, 6:42 PM
Jay, You did well for yourself. You will like the pocket hole machine.

Dave

Bob Magnuson
07-07-2007, 9:38 PM
Jay, I am considering buying a pneumatic Foreman but have the compressor concerns that you mention. What size compressor were you using?

Bob

David Eisan
07-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Jay, I am considering buying a pneumatic Foreman but have the compressor concerns that you mention. What size compressor were you using?

Bob

A 25g, 5 cfm 110v compressor should work, but a real 3hp, 220v unit would be best.

I have used both the air and electric units and prefer the air one. With the air unit, the pneumatic clamp comes down very quickly to hold the material. With the electric one, it is connected to the "down arm" and requires fine adjustment for the correct hold down pressure.

David.

Jay Brewer
07-08-2007, 7:03 AM
Hi Bob, David is right about the compressors. My problem was when its time for me to drill pocket holes, it was ussually 100 or more, and my compressor couldnt keep up. Thanks

Pat Germain
07-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Wow, great machines, Jay. Your business must be doing well if you're adding new tools. Crongrats.

Charles Jackson III
07-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Nice gloats!