PDA

View Full Version : Little Truck Crane Gloat

Christopher K. Hartley
07-07-2007, 3:32 PM
Here is a starter solution to lifting those log finds. On sale for $59.00 with my Internet Coupon and couldn't pass it up.:D I'll probably add a winch to it later. I'm also looking at a way to use it on Beauty. I'm OK if I don't go over 250 lbs. To go heaver I'll need more base support. The crane will actually do 1,000 lbs:)

Robert McGowen
07-07-2007, 3:35 PM
You have officially reached the depths of the vortex! :eek:

Bill Wyko
07-07-2007, 3:36 PM
Chris that's a good idea you'll need that to get those tree trunks mounted to Beauty.;) Be carefull with your back though.

Christopher K. Hartley
07-07-2007, 3:45 PM
You have officially reached the depths of the vortex! :eek:Are you saying I've gone of the deep end; that my senses have permanently left me; that I may be a candidate for the Spiny Farm?:eek: What can I say?:confused: :D He...he. it matches my Stihl!:)

Andy Hoyt
07-07-2007, 3:59 PM
Carpeted truck bed! Sheesh! That's worse than Vaughn McMillan's carpeted shop. What's this place coming to? :D:D

Pete Jordan
07-07-2007, 5:01 PM
Looks great Chris!

I am having trouble seeing the logs.

Jim Becker
07-07-2007, 9:24 PM
Isn't amazing about how many useful "accessories" you can find for your lathe, er...woodshop... :)

I had thought about one of those a few years ago when I still had my Tundra, but never acted upon it. If you can find a way to mount it in the shop, I can see how it may be very useful right at the lathe, too.

Gary Herrmann
07-07-2007, 9:54 PM
Now thats a good idea. I need to find one of those.

'Course, there isn't anything I can spin on my lathe that I can't pick up with one hand. Dangit.

Bernie Weishapl
07-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Chris I am going to get a trailer to haul wood with. I am going to mount one so I can lift logs with a winch and swivel the log onto the trailer. Great idea on the pickup Chris.

Ernie Nyvall
07-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Cool.

Say, if you need a piece of plate cut for a bigger base, let me know.

Tim Malyszko
07-08-2007, 8:30 AM
I like the crane. Once I upgrade my starter truck (02 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab) to a full size Quad Cab GMC Sierra, I may add one myself. It would sure come in handy. Thanks for posting.

Curt Harms
07-08-2007, 4:23 PM
Carpeted truck bed! Sheesh! That's worse than Vaughn McMillan's carpeted shop. What's this place coming to? :D:D

It does keep things from sliding around and banging up the sides and making a disconcerting racket.;) I have 3 pieces of crappy ply wrapped in carpet. Goes in and comes out in less than 5 minutes. Works for me.

Curt

Keith Burns
07-08-2007, 6:04 PM
Chris, great idea. You can round them up with the chain saw, hoist them into the truck, carry them home and hoist them onto Beauty and never miss a lick. Thats efficiency:D

Christopher K. Hartley
07-08-2007, 6:34 PM
You wouldn't want me to bruse that precious wood, now would you?:confused:

Thanks everyone, I thought it was a good idea as well.:)