PDA

View Full Version : Another minnie gloat

Al Willits
07-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I've still not figured out how to plug in the last Plane Nick has sent me, but the little block plane was so much fun anyway I bought a number 4 Stanley from him.
Might want to give Nick a PM if your interested in a nice plane for a good price...imho

Anyway, here's a few pictures of the latest plane, this one ain't got no power cord either, but it is sharp...very sharp...:)

Have to admit, there's a bit more satisfaction doing it by hand....er....you know what I mean...:)

Al

Steve Clardy
07-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Al.

There's a little hidden panel on it that you have to open up to get to the cord plug in. ;) :D

Nice looking plane :D

Alan Tolchinsky
07-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I can't believe you don't know this but those babies run on rechargeable batteries.

Brad Townsend
07-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I can't believe you don't know this but those babies run on rechargeable batteries.
Yeah, and there's only one brand that fits. It's called "Armstrong".

Al Willits
07-07-2007, 1:04 PM
Well....that's the most well hidden pannel I've ever seen.... and where do I buy Armstrong batteries??? :D :D

I know a plane probably isn't a big deal for most, but I'm finding a lot of useages for them, I did find you can take a awful lot of wood off with one of them little buggers..:)

Al...yes, to long, to long...ooops again...:)

Steve Clardy
07-07-2007, 1:12 PM
Well....that's the most well hidden pannel I've ever seen.... and where do I buy Armstrong batteries???

I know a plane probably isn't a big deal for most, but I'm finding a lot of useages for them, I did find you can take a awful lot of wood off with one of them little buggers..

Al...yes, to long, to long...ooops again...:)

You have to have the secret code word to translate to the plane, then the compartment will open for you.:rolleyes: :D

Al. Plane buying gets addictive to some. :confused:

Once you get a couple, seems thay have babies come along. :confused:
Then uncles and aunts :eek:

Then your brain turns to planebrain. Every place you stop, you are looking for planes. Then you start making special trips for planes. :eek: :D

Now I don't have that problem with planes :rolleyes: :D

Chris Holder
07-07-2007, 1:23 PM
That's a great looking plane. I am currently in the market and haven't been to excited about anything I've seen thus far from the major distributors. Does the maker of your plane have a website?

nic obie
07-07-2007, 2:41 PM
Al,

Glad you liked the plane and thanks for the recommendation.

It is a sweet one. It was my 'go to' plane for years. The only reason I sold it was because I couldn't resist trying one of those shiny LN's. I kind of doubt the LN will work any better than my old Stanley, but I know I will enjoy looking at all that brass and bronze (once I get over choking over the price :D).

The plane Al ended up with is a heavy WW2 era #4 with a thick (.108") Sargent cutting iron. The iron just fits with the frog all the way to the back where the blade just touches the back of the mouth. Adjusted like this it leaves a nice small opening at the front. I sent Al a sharp Stanley blade too so he would have a complete Stanley plane with all the prober parts.

These Sargent irons make a good alternative to buying Hock or LN replacement blades. For comparison; a stock Stanley iron is .080". LN, LV and Hock are .095" and the Sargent is .108".