PDA

View Full Version : Titebond III Glue

Don Abele
01-15-2004, 7:44 PM
Just got my last issue of Wood in the mail. There's an ad in there for Titebond III. Has anyone tried this? They compare it to poly glue, is this stuff really as good as/better than something like Gorilla Glue? Any reports to post?

Be well,

Doc

Dennis Peacock
01-15-2004, 7:55 PM
Just got my last issue of Wood in the mail. There's an ad in there for Titebond III. Has anyone tried this? They compare it to poly glue, is this stuff really as good as/better than something like Gorilla Glue? Any reports to post?

Be well,

Doc

Eight minute working time is a little fast for me. I don't think I'll be getting any. I bought some of their EXTENDED dry time glue and that stuff dries faster than the regular glue. So much for trying to find a glue with a SLOWER dry time to increase the work time.

Chris Padilla
01-15-2004, 8:19 PM
Eight minute working time is a little fast for me. I don't think I'll be getting any. I bought some of their EXTENDED dry time glue and that stuff dries faster than the regular glue. So much for trying to find a glue with a SLOWER dry time to increase the work time.

Doc,

I saw that, too. Perhaps it is too new for anyone to have tried it yet?

Dennis,

I have that Extended stuff too but it did seem to work for me providing just a bit more time to get a clamp or brad where I needed it and still allow adjustment. Did they fill your bottle with the wrong stuff? :p

BTW, great issue from WOOD. I will now purchase some T9 rust stuff and the other stuff (bad memory) they rated tops for our cast iron tops.

I also appreciated that little bit on glass shelves and how much they can support. I am building a cabinet and it will have glass shelves in it with a cabinet light at the top.

Stefan Antwarg
01-15-2004, 8:25 PM
Just use plain old white Elmers Glue.

Stefan Antwarg

Michael Campbell
01-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Just use plain old white Elmers Glue.

Stefan Antwarg

Not waterproof, is it? Titebond III is, according ot the ad copy.

Don Abele
01-16-2004, 10:52 AM
White Elmers is not waterproof. My understanding is that it's the same as yellow but with a longer open time.

Be well,

Doc

Steve Leader
01-16-2004, 6:15 PM
Titebond rep at the Columbus Woood Working show today said that Titebond III won't be available until March. Apparently their advertising got ahead of their production.

Stefan Antwarg
01-17-2004, 9:35 AM
Not waterproof, is it? Titebond III is, according ot the ad copy.

No, but I was getting the feeling from this thread that people were looking for a glue with a long open time. So I responded.

Stefan