PDA

View Full Version : How to insert photos

Steven Bolton
07-06-2007, 7:07 PM
Hi:

I have been on this forum for a few days now. I can't seem to insert photos into "threads." Can someone please explain this, and pretend like you are telling a ten year old.

That out of the way, this is one very good forum.

Thanks

Steve Bolton
stevenbolton.net

Cliff Rohrabacher
07-06-2007, 8:02 PM
Hi:

I have been on this forum for a few days now. I can't seem to insert photos into "threads." Can someone please explain this, and pretend like you are telling a ten year old.

That out of the way, this is one very good forum.

Thanks

Steve Bolton
stevenbolton.net

You fold them up in half and insert them into the slot !!!

How hard can that be ~!!

There's a radio button under your tect post a way in a section v called
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS

the radio button is titled
MANAGE ATTACHMENTS
Click it

A little pop up window will open where you can select the BROWSE option and go find your files and upload 'em by dbbl clicking 'em and then clicking the UPLOAD radio button

However- they must be no bigger than 107 kb or some such cause the servers are very, very, very small.
So if you get an error message about files being too big, you gotta shrink 'em. Use any photo editing software for that.

Then, back in the TEXT PORTION of your post you can look up above the TEXT PORTION and observe this goofy little paper clip icon.

Click the little arrow to the right of it. And you'll see the files you uploaded insert one at a time by selecting them or all at once using the ALL option at the bottom of that scroll down.

Then - - - -you can add text and move 'em in your post.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-06-2007, 8:04 PM
Steve....Welcome to the Creek!

There is a sticky on the Support forum that tells how to insert photos.

Here's the jest of it:

1. Start the new thread or at the point in a thread where you are replying in a thread....scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Manage Attachments".

2. It will open another window.....direct it to the file on your computer that you want to upload. Note- you will see file size limits based on the type of file you want to upload.......jpg.....etc....It will not upload and you will get an error message if your file exceeds this size limit.

3. Select the file you want to upload and upload it.

4. You can upload up to 5 files IIRC per reply. If you wanted to upload say 10 images of a project.....upload 5 on 2 different replies....

5. After you've successfully uploaded them, DO NOT TRY TO PREVIEW THE THREAD OR IMAGES ONCE YOU'VE UPLOADED THEM!

6. If you want them inserted in series, scroll back up to the top of the page where you see your message.....make sure the cursor is located in the message where you want the uploaded photo inserted. Select the paper clip and select the individual photo or select "Insert All" and the photos will be inserted in the message.

7. Select "Submit Reply"

8 If you want to put verbage between each image (if you uploaded multiple images) view the thread...select edit...put the cursor where you want to insert words and type away.

I hope this makes sense.....

1. Upload images....don't exceed image size limitations....

2. After uploading...don't try to preview them or the thread....you'll lose it....

3. In the case of multiple images ...if you want them inserted serially so you can add verbage for each image.......select the "paper clip" at the of the page and insert a particular image or multiple images....

4. Submit the reply.....

5. View it and select Edit to add verbage.

Good luck and Welcome to the Creek!

Mike Cutler
07-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Steven. .

Just to add a little to the two previous posts. A digital camers setting of 640x 480, or "TV" mode, and shot in Jpeg basic, or normal will usuaaly get you fairly close to the size required as long as you don't monkey around with the image in photoshop too much.

Here is a link to the instructions from Aaron to attach images in thread form.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25115

Henry Cavanaugh
07-07-2007, 10:07 AM
"Can someone please explain this, and pretend like you are telling a ten year old"

Steven I think you meant to say please explain this as if to an older person not a ten year old. A ten year old knows computers better than the older generations.

Steven Bolton
07-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Very true. I couldn't figure out how to run a DVD player on my own.

Good Advice.