View Full Version : Their taping and texturing the shop today

Bill Wyko
07-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Well, it's almost done. My drywaller is taping and texturing the shop today and I should be able to get things in order this weekend. FINALLY! I can get back to some substantial time on the lathe. It's been a lot of work and it's already too small but it's still better than what I was working in before. Plus it's climate controlled.:D I'll take pics tonight.:)

Bernie Weishapl
07-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Bill sounds like you are one your way. Don't you just hate it when you think you have enough space and then you don't. I started a 20 X 24 and that wasn't big enough so doubled the size to 40 X 24. Still not enough room. Sounds like you got a nice place going Bill.

Bill Wyko
07-06-2007, 1:21 PM
Thanks Bernie. I'm going to have to be pretty creative in the placement of my tools. I think what I'm going to do is get that Festool plunge cut circular saw with the guide. That way if I have to ever cut a full sheet of wood I can do it on saw horses outside, then bring it inside for the smaller work. I just have a hard time choking down the almost 500 dollar price tag for the saw and the guide system. I'm glad most of my work these days is turning, Much smaller material.:) I have a real good relationship with Woodworkers Source here in Tucson. They let me make payments on just about anything I want. When it's paid for I take it home. It sure makes it easier to get better tools.

Mike A. Smith
07-06-2007, 3:25 PM
Bill, I'm very happy for you (and jealous!). I hope you enjoy it.

Bill Wyko
07-06-2007, 4:46 PM
I hope I do too:D The LOML is in Phoenix until sunday so I want to be done before she gets home, paint and all. She's one of those that wants to analize for days to do a couple of hours of work. Bless her for wanting to make all the right decisions, but let me do what I need to do.:cool:

mark page
07-06-2007, 4:49 PM
I know how those LOML decisions go, lol. Wish I had the good ole lay-a-way plan. At least you own it when you take it home. I got the good ole net 30, 60, or 90 day syndrome to haunt me. lol.

Bill Wyko
07-06-2007, 8:32 PM
Well they came by my stereo shop and said the workshop is ready for paint. I also heard from the guy building my gates and he's going to be at my house tomorrow at 7:00 am. LOML is going to come home to a whole new look:D I hope she doesn't kill me:D

mark page
07-06-2007, 9:32 PM
Hey Bill,

If the winds pick up from the southwest, I'll know its from the sonic blast in Tuscon, lol. Hope you picked out her favorite colors. If not, you can always let her do a little interior decor to give your shop a homey feel:D :D :D

Bill Wyko
07-07-2007, 1:17 PM
She can have any color inside my workshop she wants.....as long as it's ultra pure white:D I've had 5 gallons for months and it needs to be used. As far as the gates go, it took her a week to pick the color for those, so that's on her. They're already up and swinging now too.:D