PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
07-06-2007, 6:52 AM
Friday July 6th, 2007

GOOOOOOD FRIDAY MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!! :)

It's been a good week. Had a great 4th with son and his family down for a couple of days. :) They live just outside Cumberland, WI, which is about 4 hours away in the north woods.

We finally had some rain, which helped a little, but now 2 days after, it's already dry again, so I'm back to watering. :( I did mow for the first time in two weeks yesterday. We are supposed to be hot [90+] and humid this weekend, so I don't think I'll be doing any shop time. Just dragging the hose around to keep the grass somewhat green. Have to watch some golf from Whistling Straits and Congressional as well as the Pepsi 400.

I don't envy those of you out west. I used to live in Vegas and we had some hot days like they're gettng right now. I can remember those 110+ days with a wind blowing that made it feel like you just opened the door to a blast furnace. There were a few days that the temp never got below 95 degrees. :eek: Whew!!!! :eek: And those of you in Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas could you send some of that rain up our way??

Well, now that we're into full fledged summer, what's on the agenda for you this weekend?? What ever it may be I hope you enjoy yourselves and above all be safe.

Karl

Charles Wilson
07-06-2007, 7:56 AM
I will be hopefully finishing up some of the shot cabinets that I have been building.

However, with the summer off, everyday is a weekend. :D

Chuck

Matt Meiser
07-06-2007, 8:18 AM
I'll be spending more time working on the cabinet project, hopfully getting a really good start on the drawers and doors by the Sunday night. I probably need to mow and there's talk about a zoo trip tomorrow.

Al Willits
07-06-2007, 8:28 AM
Well....I had planned on driving out to Karl's place and cleaning his shop, least that's what I was gonna do.....but :)

Just bought my retirement boat and it'll be coming home in a bout two weeks, so we're gonna be scrambling to sell the old boat, get a shed erected for the new one, and try to keep Beasty calm though all of this.

Plus try to get a few more coats of poly on the never ending storage cabinet project.
Nic has sent me another minnie gloat planer and its beautiful.
I know, it didn't happen till ya see pictures, so I'll post that this weekend.

Gonna be hot here this weekend, so it'll be slow moving for this old guy.

Ya all have a safe and well weekend

Al...who's gonna start slow and taper off as he goes..

Ken Fitzgerald
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Uh.....Hey Al...............I can give you directions to my shop!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Finish turning the couch legs for my brother...only 2 more to go.

Turn some burl pens.

Mow the lawn.

Do the laundry.

Cook meals...

Did I mention the LOML left for Illinois and won't be back for 31 days.....

Al Willits
07-06-2007, 12:15 PM
No prob Ken, I'll add ya to the list of projects needed to be done and when Beasty says ok, I'll get to you right after Karl....might wanna start with out me though....:D

Weekend is starting great (well other than not getting to Karl and Ken's place) guy who looked at the old boat last night says he's coming over tonight after he stops at the bank..:D :D

Beasty is sooooooo happy...which mean the beatings stop for awhile and I can heal before they start again.

Al

Nancy Laird
07-06-2007, 3:24 PM
One laser project to go--will be finished up tomorrow and delivered Monday. Packing for Vegas, doing all the final stuff that needs to be done before taking off for three (!) weeks...stopping the paper, arranging for a neighbor to pamper the cats while we're gone and pick up the mail. Making a list, making another list, checking first list..........etc. Cooking a BIG spaghetti dinner for all of the people at WWS who have been so helpful in getting the booth together for Vegas--can I feed 100 people??? LOML even bought me a new 6-gallon spaghetti pot!!

don't envy those of you out west. I used to live in Vegas and we had some hot days like they're gettng right now. I can remember those 110+ days with a wind blowing that made it feel like you just opened the door to a blast furnace.
Taking off Monday for Vegas and the HOT weather. I think I'm gonna lose a few pounds there---sweating it off. Not only is the temp outside around 115, the temp inside the Convention Center, with the loading-dock doors open and no air circulation, will be in the range of 120-125.

Nancy

Jude Kingery
07-06-2007, 3:31 PM
Hello Karl,

Wish we could (give you some of our rain) as that has been my project for today, mowing the lawns and edging, weed-eating. It's more green here now than it has been in all the 28 years I've lived here (West TX). So I mow about twice a week now, amazing.

Far as projects, my husband halved a substantial Cherry trunk for me that I've had drying/waxed ends for about a year now, and I rounded it up and mounted it on a face plate. Last night he put it on the lathe for me. So we'll see how that goes. Might be a rodeo, you never know! Oh, it's secure, safe and spins well at a slow speed to rough turn. So we'll see!

Ya'll, too, have a good weekend!

Jude

Jim Dunn
07-06-2007, 5:52 PM
Going to my mother's 80th birthday party. 8 great grandkids will be there as well. It's great to be a granddad and see my mother smile about me getting older.

Jim O'Dell
07-06-2007, 5:54 PM
Jude, if that is West, Tx, not west Texas, then send me some kolachis!! But they have to be from the place down town, not the hwy.:rolleyes:
I took off today to go to Dallas for the dog show. We didn't do very well, but that's the breaks. I got supplies to start the torsion box tops for the muti-purpose benches. I'd be out there ripping MDF right now, but LOML and guest are out shopping, and will be back for me within the next half hour to head out to Uncle Julio's for some good eatin'. I'll start the torsion boxes tomorrow morning! :D Jim.

Jude Kingery
07-06-2007, 6:11 PM
Hey Jim, alas, it's west Texas, not West. I'm not sure where West, TX might be? Somewhere with some good food at any rate, must be! Good luck with the torsion boxes. Jude

Bill Wyko
07-06-2007, 6:22 PM
I've got a big weekend in front of me. My new gates are going in at 7:00AM tomorrow, I have to paint thew new workshop now that they've finished texturing the walls, I have to put all my tools back in and with any kind of luck maby glue up some more rings for the never-ending segmented vessel I started right before i got the wild hair to build a work shop. All the while the LOML thinks I'm just going to finish putting in the insulation. She's on vacation in Phoenix until Sunday. I hope she's happy with the Sheetrock, paint, gates and everything cleaned up when she gets home.:confused: :eek: :D