PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop Customer Service

Gary Tenney
07-05-2007, 5:48 PM
I took delivery of a 5HP 36" SS last week and upon assembly discovered that the back angle iron did not have countersinks in the mounting holes and the holes did not line up with the extension table, (three holes in the angle iron, and two holes in the table). This would have been easy enough to mount by substituting Hex bolts for the countersunk hardware and drilling a couple of holes in the table, but I opted for calling SawStop given the cost of the machine. They sent out a complete set of rails, front and back including the Fence tube, when all I needed was the back rail. I was instructed to keep the other set. If I decide to remove the left wing for installing a slider of any sort, I can easily cut both rails and the tube and still have a complete set of un-modified rails! This is first class customer service in my judgement. The machine itself is everything I expected and my expectations were high.
Gary

Chris Padilla
07-05-2007, 6:18 PM
Awesome...good to hear. One day I'd like to own a SS but my darn Griz will probably never die.... ;)

Ben Grunow
07-05-2007, 9:20 PM
You could always weld the blade to a steel bar and turn it on.