PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Wood works episode on hollowing?

Bill Wyko
07-05-2007, 1:21 PM
David Marks, the guy on the show has some pretty neat ideas. He uses an old dentist light to shine on his work. I thought that was pretty cool. It just so happened I had a Dentist appointment on Monday and he's going to be replacing 2 of his light systems soon. He said I could have the old ones. The last time he replaced lights, the threw the old ones away. What a shame. It also turned out that the Hygenists' dad was a turner. She had a bowl in the office he had made. I thought that was a neat coincidence. Anyone that can get their hands on one of those lights would have a great opportunity. With an armature like that you can point the light anywhere and it is suspended from the ceiling so it's completly out of the way.

Jason Boushard
07-05-2007, 1:29 PM
so uh you getting the lights if so do you need both of them:D I did see that episode and liked the part where he cut the walnut hf in half the look on his face was hilarious. I wouldn't have wanted to cut it either lol.

Bill Wyko
07-05-2007, 1:37 PM
Sorry, My BIL already has dibbs on the other one.
The look on his face was priceless. You know it tore him up inside to slice through that piece. Even I was cringing at the sight of that.:(

Patrick Taylor
07-05-2007, 6:24 PM
You know it tore him up inside to slice through that piece. Even I was cringing at the sight of that.:(

Me too! I went "Ugh!" outloud and my wife thought something was wrong...

Bernie Weishapl
07-05-2007, 6:44 PM
Yep Bill I saw it and got sick when he cut the walnut in half. Probably not as sick as he was.

Bill Wyko
07-05-2007, 8:08 PM
The worst part is. I don't think anyone needed him to elaborate like that. A drawing would have been just fine.:cool:

Wayne Bitting
07-06-2007, 7:35 AM
My wife even looked a little sickly as we watched him cutting it in half!