PDA

View Full Version : Two new box elder bowls

Patrick Taylor
07-05-2007, 7:34 AM
Here are two box elder bowls I finished on Tuesday. The first (with the lines) is 7" across, and the second is 8".

On the bottom of the one with the lines you can see a slight blue stain. That's where I had marked the tenon (date, species) with blue sharpie after rough turning. If I'm going to DNA I wait until after, but in this case I did first, then decided later to DNA the blank. Well... The DNA helped the blue marker bleed in THROUGH the entire tenon thickness and it left this stain. :mad: Lesson learned: DON'T sharpie your blanks until AFTER the DNA. :o

I don't want to send it out of the house with the stain, so SWMBO is happy because she likes it and will just leave it right-side-up. :)

Tony De Masi
07-05-2007, 8:18 AM
Pat,

Not sure what you may have done differently in your posting of your pics but I can't see them. Just see four red "X"'s.

Otherwise they look great:rolleyes:

Steve Schlumpf
07-05-2007, 8:28 AM
You have a couple of very nice bowls Patrick! I like the forms and finish on both and specially the detail lines on the first bowl! Really like the clean lines of the shape! Very nice work!

Patrick Taylor
07-05-2007, 8:34 AM
Pat,

Not sure what you may have done differently in your posting of your pics but I can't see them. Just see four red "X"'s.

Otherwise they look great:rolleyes:

They were on flickr, but I've uploaded them to SMC instead. Hope that helps.

Bonnie Campbell
07-05-2007, 8:46 AM
I like them both. The blue stain isn't very noticeable and doesn't detract from the nice turning job :)

Tony De Masi
07-05-2007, 9:22 AM
Ahhh there they are. Oustanding job as usual Pat.

Tony

Bernie Weishapl
07-05-2007, 9:42 AM
Patrick those are two beauties. I really like the accent lines on the first one. Really nice job.

Keith Burns
07-05-2007, 3:23 PM
Patrick, I like both of these very much. Great form, details and finish !!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-05-2007, 3:47 PM
Patrick.........Nicely done! I like that form and finish.

Tom Sherman
07-05-2007, 4:32 PM
Very nice Patrick.