PDA

View Full Version : Our doggie bed we made

Kristina Tompkins
07-04-2007, 6:27 PM
Hi everyone here are some pictures of a doggie bed that my husband Steve and I made.

What do ya'll think and please let me know.

Jim Becker
07-04-2007, 6:28 PM
Lucky Dog!!! Very nice, Kristina!

Kristina Tompkins
07-04-2007, 6:30 PM
Thanks Jim do you think I could sell these?

Bruce Page
07-04-2007, 7:19 PM
Very cute, I think you could sell them by the truck load!

Jay Brewer
07-04-2007, 7:35 PM
Looks great Kristina. Is there any pocket screws in that peice ??
Hope you are enjoying the pocket hole machine.

Mike Heidrick
07-04-2007, 8:22 PM
Very nice.

Is that a UStoreIt warehouse in the background? Is that where the shop is? Hopefully that is not where the dog is :eek: :D

Tom Sontag
07-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks Jim do you think I could sell these?

Nice bed Kristina. Cute dog too.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I feel compelled to point out the difference between selling them and making a reasonable profit over time. Consider making them by request or for friends, but as soon as you see this as a business, you will need to deal with competition with big machines and/or cheap labor.

Randal Stevenson
07-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I think you could sell them at craft fairs and such, but I don't think this is a full time thing. But I get the feeling you might be asking about tax implications (trying to deduct tools and such), that might be better suited elsewhere.

Kristina Tompkins
07-05-2007, 6:34 AM
Hay Jay,

Not many in the dog bed but in these pictures of the bookshelf there are a lot. thanks for the pocket machine.

Kristina Tompkins
07-05-2007, 6:42 AM
Hi Mike,

Yep that is a U Store it in the back. We got lucky we got such a big place we have a lot of machines and need all the room. I don't know if you saw the pictures of the shop. Here are a couple.

Brett CoughlanAus
07-05-2007, 6:47 AM
I like it Kristina, think it would look great near a couple of 'human size' Adirondack's. Could you sell it - yes I think so, maybe try marketing it to either somewhere that already carries Adirondack's (have you made any full size ones yourself?) or the week-end markets etc as suggested above.

As for the tax rules,benefits and regulations I'm not getting into that:D

Al Willits
07-05-2007, 9:37 AM
Big question is...does the dog use it??? :D

We bought our dog her own bed....just takes up space for the most part, she's used it maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months, maybe it wasn't fancy enough...:D

Looks good btw, if I was going to try and sell them, I'd think your gonna need to figure out what it costs to make them, then see if you can sell a few trial ones for that price imho

Al

Jason Tuinstra
07-05-2007, 4:43 PM
Kristina, just what is needed for those long dog days of summer. Great job. Very creative.

Ron Jones near Indy
07-05-2007, 6:47 PM
Very nice bed. If we had one of those, we might get a Lazy Boy recliner back for human use.;)

Dave Ray
07-05-2007, 7:21 PM
Kristina, dog bed looks great, like has been said, you might want to try a few craft fairs to see if there is a market, before going into big time production. I really like your shop, looks like a great place to make wood chips.