PDA

View Full Version : The Case of the Missing Bowl

Pete Jordan
07-04-2007, 10:05 AM
I was working on a oak burl 2 days ago when it dissapeared. I figured it hit a wall on the other side of the shop. I searched and searched and even looked outside because the doors were open. I finally gave up and started working on something else. Today while playing ping pong with my youngest I looked up and saw a new hole in the insulation.

Mark Pruitt
07-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I bet if anyone who reads this ever orbits one they'll remember to look up! Glad you found your lost bowl--hope you can salvage it. It looks promising. One good reason not to have a sheetrock ceiling in the shop...

Jude Kingery
07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Pete, that's one of the more amazing "flying bowl" tales I've heard lately! Glad it didn't pop you and became funny in it's disapperance as well! That'll be a nice bowl if you can remount it by the way; did the foot crack? Hopefully you can finish it! Enjoy and thanks for sharing your story and pictures! Jude

Jim Becker
07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
You must have scared the darn thing!

(BTW, you may want to consider covering up that insulation with dry wall...kraft-faced is a fire hazard when exposed)

Robert McGowen
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Now THAT is a turning story!

Keith Burns
07-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Pete, glad it didn't whop you in the head. That being said, this is a really FUNNY story !! Thanks

Steve Schlumpf
07-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey - thanks for a great idea for a new area to store turning blanks!!!

Glad you didn't get smacked with it!

Tom Sherman
07-04-2007, 1:01 PM
I guess it is safe to say that you had your eyes closed when this one launched. Glad you found it look forward to seeing it finished.

Bernie Weishapl
07-04-2007, 3:32 PM
Yep I can see old Pete now.;):confused: Eye's closed, ducking and never even seen it land. Glad it didn't get you Pete.

Pete Jordan
07-04-2007, 3:37 PM
Actually I was looking right at it and then it was gone.

Steve, I was thinking about closing that area up but I need something strong!
Jude, the foot did break but I will try to make another one when I get the courage.

Curt Fuller
07-04-2007, 5:16 PM
You know, I heard that was how the space program got started. There was this Russian woodturner that was working on a piece he called "Sputnik".............:rolleyes: .

TYLER WOOD
07-05-2007, 10:25 AM
You know, I heard that was how the space program got started. There was this Russian woodturner that was working on a piece he called "Sputnik".............:rolleyes: .

Nice!!! FINISH IT!