PDA

View Full Version : K3 Pocket Hole Cart - Would This Be Cool?

Rob Will
07-04-2007, 1:25 AM
Has anyone built a dedicated cabinet with thier Kreg K3 pocket hole jig mounted on the top?

Such a cabinet / cart could have a pull out drawer for screws and extra bits:) .

Below that would be an enclosed cabinet (vented) with a shop vac inside. The shop vac would have one of those current sensing switches.

Somewhere on the cart would be a tray or "holster" to hold the electric drill.......and the drill would be plugged into the outlet that activates the shop vac:D:D .

A cart such as this would eliminate set up time, eliminate separate cords running to the drill(s) and shop vac, and keep the Kreg jig "top shelf" handy and "ready to go".

Anybody done one of these or care to add any ideas?
if you have the space, would this be cool ???

Rob

Jason Beam
07-04-2007, 1:41 AM
The day I have the space for something like that is the day i BUILD something like that! :D

Randal Stevenson
07-04-2007, 2:02 AM
There was a portable platform for the Kreg, shown in a magazine a couple of years ago (Wood or Popular Woodworking I believe). I found it at the library and copyed the plans for my father (he'd been playing with idea's). He built two, as he picked up the newer K3 kit besides the old pro2000 (I think that was the model). Later he modified a vacuum part, so the older one had a dust port like the newer one. No dedicated vac switch (picked up much later), and he has no room in it's drawer for the drill (keeps multiple clamps, screws, bits etc in there (OVERKILL). Intended to be portable (he sits it on a Workmate) but weighs a lot because of his drawer.

I couldn't find my old pics, will have to see if he still has some.

The magazine was Workbench 2004. He was going to build a base for the vac and leave the top as in the magazine (will try to borrow his camera and post pics tomorrow) but no room at the new house (so workmate is the way for him).