PDA

View Full Version : Latest Turnings

Julie Wright
01-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Here are 3 pens I recently turned. 2 Corian and 1 antler.
I want to Thank Ron Smith for the Corian and Antler.
Hope you like them Ron.

BOB BLACK
01-14-2004, 10:10 PM
very nice julie, I'm envious; bob

Jim Becker
01-14-2004, 10:27 PM
"Them's nice pens", Julie....thanks for sharing them!

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
01-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Here are 3 pens I recently turned. 2 Corian and 1 antler.
I want to Thank Ron Smith for the Corian and Antler.
Hope you like them Ron.

Julie,

You really do them justice! Let me know when you need some more colors of corian (when you start doing Ken's segmented pens).

Ron

Scott Greaves
01-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey Julie,

Nice pens! I like them all! Antler really turns out nice, doesn't it! I think you're getting the hang of this.

Where did you get these pen kits? I like the black.

Scott.

Jason Tuinstra
01-14-2004, 11:56 PM
Julie, they're all very fine pens, but I like the antler one the best. The contrast between the black and the antler really looks great! Good job.

Julie Wright
01-15-2004, 7:19 AM
Scott,
I got my pen kits from ryan at woodturningz.com
Give him a call he has pretty good prices and the service is great.

Ron,
I will try to turn a segmented pen when I can get some instruction from the master (Ken) and my bandsaw is up and running again. :( Went to install a riser block and larger tenson bolt and stripped the threads on the nut. Needles to say I am not a very happy camper at this time. :(

Thanks everyone for the very nice comments. :)

Don Farr
01-15-2004, 8:06 AM
Nice looking pens Julie. I too really like the antler one.

How difficult is pen making? My wife wants to do something in the shop and really can't find her niche. I'm going to show her these tonight and maybe she would like to give it a try.

If she is interested maybe we could ride over to Huntsville one Saturday and get a lesson from the master Ken. :D

Ken Salisbury
01-15-2004, 8:14 AM
My wife wants to do something in the shop and really can't find her niche. I'm going to show her these tonight and maybe she would like to give it a try.

If she is interested maybe we could ride over to Huntsville one Saturday and get a lesson from the master Ken. :D

The Old Rebel Workshop door is always open to fellow woodworkers and you would be welcome any time.

I am far from being the "master" but I will be more than willing to share what little I know about the process.

Mark Singer
01-15-2004, 9:20 AM
Very nice! Nice form...