PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat (with pictures)

Dennis Kelly
07-01-2007, 5:48 PM
I just brought this home. I purchased a 17" Grizzly from Craigs List for a pretty good price. It's in great shape, barely used. Most important, I didn't have to buy new!!! I can't wait to get it started.

Dennis

Joe Mioux
07-01-2007, 5:51 PM
It looks BRAND NEW!

The price of those things new, is a great price.

You scored big time on this buying it "used"

Congrats, use it well

Joe

glenn bradley
07-01-2007, 7:01 PM
Beautiful. If other posters here are on target (and I'm sure they are) you are going to love that saw.

Don Bullock
07-01-2007, 7:05 PM
Great score Dennis. Congratulations.

Steve Clardy
07-01-2007, 8:26 PM
Looks new. Great score;)

Dave MacArthur
07-01-2007, 9:32 PM
Wonderful! As a guy who has been searching Craigslist for 6 months now for a used band saw... YOU SCORED! ;) Great job!

Mike Cutler
07-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Nice!!! That's a very nice bandsaw you picked up there.

Nice gloat.

Bruce Page
07-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Great score Dennis. Intresting sticker below the GO513:confused:

Dave MacArthur
07-02-2007, 2:27 AM
Here is a little G0513 story I experienced last week, to boost the spirits of all Grizzly owners.

In Phoenix, there is a fairly new tool place called Arizona Hardwoods. I went there, they have 25,000 sq ft under roof of hardwoods and used tools. I mean, they had probably 15 Powermatic 141 bandsaws, probably about 30 Unisaws of various ages sitting up on racks, and about 10 PM 66 tablesaws (he says folks are turning them in and buying SawStops). Now, I was there looking at the ShopFox (grizzly almost) bandsaws, as well as the Steel City line which he reps for Arizona. I looked at probably 30 used bandsaws in that giant warehouse, all of which he was ready to sell, when I came across a nice Grizz G0513 all set up.

I asked him how much THAT one was, as I was ready to buy it! Now, of the 40 bandsaws they had in that place, he was happy to put a price on all of them, and he has every sort a guy could possibly want for personal use... dealing with 25,000 sq ft of lumber. But NO. He would not sell that saw! "This is actually the one we use for our work personally. You can buy anything else but this one".

I thought that was very interesting and telling! When a guy with 40 bandsaws, who reps several lines, and needs/can afford the best for daily use, chooses the Grizzly G0513 and won't sell it to a guy with $1000 cash... that must be a very decent saw!

Congrats again, I think you will be happy with it!

Russ Massery
07-02-2007, 8:58 AM
I have the G0513X version. I've been very pleased with it's performance so far it's "scrolls" well and have gotten excellent results resawing. I've resawn oak,maple 10" wide and held the thickest within .003 end to end. Congrats on the new saw.

Dennis Kelly
07-02-2007, 9:33 AM
Bruce,
The previous owner was in high school when he bought it, so that explains the sticker :D

Dave,
Great story about the bandsaw. I do feel really lucky to have found this. I understand how you feel as I spend too much time out of my day searching the internet for used tools!!! You guys are lucky to have a warehouse like that in your area. There is nothing that I know of around here that sells used tools.

Dennis

Jim Becker
07-02-2007, 9:46 AM
Congratulations, Dennis. It looks like it's in great shape, too!

Charles Jackson III
07-02-2007, 9:03 PM
Very nice bandsaw.