PDA

View Full Version : New house... new shop...

Paul B. Cresti
03-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Well since the Pond is gone I guess we need to start to build the archives here, so here it goes:
I recently moved and currently my shop is non-existent, right now it is a 25x28 garage filled with crated/boxed tools and machinery. So once again i am starting from scratch again. I am looking for advice/suggestions for the new shop, kind of "if you did it again what would you change ?" first then I am doing different is adding natural gas heat. Any suggestions on a unit?

Paul B. Cresti

Jim Young
03-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Hi Paul, Are you going to build another stand alone shop? Looks like no projects for a while.

Jim Izat
03-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Hey Paul,

I'm about a year into the same process I'm probably about half done with the infrastructure. I don't know how much building/fitting out you're up against, but I had to finish out the framing in my garage, put in windows, electrical, insulation, drywall, paint etc. While it turned out to take a while longer than I thought it would it was good practice and the effort resulted in a shop that had everything where I wanted it. I launched into creating the necessary storage cabinets, racks etc. so that I could put everything away in a place that was designed for it, <b>once</b>, instead of several times like my last shop. Unfortunately the lure of the project got to me about half way into this part of the process so I'm now building projects and wishing I'd completely finished the storage.

It'll all get done hopefully in another year or so....

Jim