PDA

View Full Version : jon eakes

ken haley
07-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Ive read in 2 or 3 post about a download for jon eakes book on setting up radial arm saws but i have searched all over and i cant find it anywhere does anyone have a link to this site.
Kenny

Art Walker
07-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow, it looks like he's dropped online sales of the pdf from his site at joneakes.com. To help you find a hard copy, the title is "Fine tuning your radial arm saw", ISBN 0-921335-04-0.

ken haley
07-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Art but i live in england and the price is prohibitive approx $100 inc postage i asked at my local library and even the british library doesnt have a copy, i have ordered Mr Sawdusts book from the website and although it will take quite a while to be delivered overseas, i would have quite happily paid $15 for the downloaded book by Jon Eakes

Art Walker
07-01-2007, 12:38 PM
On ebay they commonly settle above par, but I set up a pretty specific search with email notification for this book and one popped up before too long with a very modest buy-it-now option. I didn't hesitate. You probably know this already, but by logging in at ebay.ca or ebay.com with an existing ebay.co.uk username you can set up searches in the NA marketplaces. You might also consider explaining your plight in email to Mr. Eakes.

Ed Jolin
07-01-2007, 8:20 PM
I second Art's suggestion. Send him an email (go to www.cjad.com (http://www.cjad.com) and select his show from the list; his email is up there) and describe your situation. I had a similar question to him and he was very helpful.

Also, I expect you will be quite happy with Mr Sawdust's book as well; I found it to be a good read. Now if only I could get the time to finish fixing up my RAS.

-Ed

Curt Harms
07-02-2007, 2:14 PM
It appears that if You can find his DVD you'd get the book as part of the deal. It's supposed to be available "summer of 2007". July is summer so....:)
http://joneakes.com/cgi-bin/getdetailscals.cgi?id=1747 last paragraph.

HTH

Curt