PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Laser

Peck Sidara
06-30-2007, 3:57 PM
It seems the subject has been popular these past few days with Nigel's situation and it sparking others to come out and voice their opinions/experiences with the Epilog brand good, bad or neutral.

I can assure you that Epilog stands 100% behind their products and that our concern is not just the bottom line, it's the customers, distributors and employees.

So what does standing 100% behind your product mean, does it mean that everytime someone jumps on a public forum or "gently" notes that they'll take their complaints to public forums if we don't give them what they want, that we'll happily comply? I think not. Those who have worked with me in the technical support department in the past should know that we're fair with our decisions and in many, many cases have bent over backwards to help our customers out. Sometimes our decisions may not appear to be fair to the customer, but rest assured, options were given. Perhaps the customer didn't like the options given but they were presented. Just because a brand new replacement wasn't offered to be driven to the customers facility overnight by the president of Epilog himself, doesn't mean Epilog isn't standing behind their product. That's a little severe, I know, but if there's one thing I know about the company which has employed me for close to 10 years, it's that we're reasonable and fair and the people behind the name truly believes in the product.

As far as any complaint goes, there's always two sides to the story and for some odd reason, the complainer's (whoever it is, myself included at times) view tends to be one sided, loaded with information that helps support their cause and seldomly includes information from the other side.

So does my little note fix any ongoing issues that some of our customers may be experiencing? No, absolutely not.

If you are having difficulties with your Epilog and are having a difficult time finding resolution. I urge you to send me a PM with some background information and I'll personally take it to the appropriate manager and/or owners and there will be resolution, one way or another.

(HERE'S THE FINE PRINT)

Sending me a PM about your situation doesn't = free laser tube and lifetime warranty on your equipment with 24/7 technical support.

Threats don't work very well, you're better off working with us on a solution that we can both agree on vs. making absurd demands.

Name calling of Epilog employees on the SMC forum or any other forum isn't recommended and won't likely help your cause. Mark Schwarz is Epilog's domestic sales manager, my colleague and a good friend. Shame on you.

Lastly, if you don't already know or can't already tell, I'm not Epilog's Corporate PR guy. I'm in sales, working applications & helping out where and when I can.

Nigel Morgan
06-30-2007, 5:02 PM
Hi Peck,

The internet is good tool for sales and marketing and I wished I had found SMC before I made my purchase. I have asked for the contact details of the management at Epilog but no one replies, I have been in touch with "Orange Chamber of Commerce" and got a name which I will chase up on Monday.
Thanks for all your help you have given me in the past, especially over the weekends when it is difficult to get hold of anyone, you are obviously appreciated here at SMC.

Cheers

Nigel

Keith Outten
06-30-2007, 5:43 PM
Nigel,

Now that Peck has responded and offered to help send him a Private Message with all of the details and he will present your issues to the appropriate people. Peck has an outstanding track record helping our Members so give him the opportunity to take your case to the proper level.

Nigel Morgan
06-30-2007, 5:53 PM
Hi Keith,

Have previously done so, will wait now until Monday over there but I understand it's a Holiday week for you and perhaps many peolpe will be off work.

Cheers

Nigel

Scott Shepherd
06-30-2007, 6:44 PM
Put me in line Peck, I've had no forward momentum since you helped last month.

Aside from my personal issues, and bringing in what Keith said in a previous thread, I'll ask you- what's reasonable to ask a customer to do when he's having a problem when the machine is under warranty? Spend $20 out of pocket? $100 out of pocket? $200 out of pocket? What's reasonable?

Also, what's a reasonable amount of time for a customer to spend working on a machine that's brand new and under warranty? 1 hour? 5 hours? 40 hours? 100 hours? What's reasonable?

I'm not sure what you consider reasonable, but I do know what I consider unreasonable. I consider having to spend $150-200 on material with no compensation is unreasonable. I consider having to spend $50 to next day air samples, uncompensated, unreasonable. I consider having to spend more than 40 hours working on a machine unreasonable.

It's tough to even talk about it online and most of us don't, until we reach a point where we feel we have been pushed to the back of the line. You may not like what's said on forums about your company, but strip out some of the emotion from recent posts and look at the core. The core is that there are times when people seem to slip through the cracks. If it isn't fixed by tech support by swapping parts out, it appears that people are slipping through the long term care/special cases side of the business. If you can't hear that or read that in these posts, then you need to reread them.

I can honestly say I have done everything Epilog asked me to do, except for a phone call last week where I was asked once again to run the same test on a different material and send in the results. I'm not made of money and time. I can't afford to ruin sheet of material after sheet of material, and I shouldn't have to.

I'd love to be a cheerleader for Epilog. I love the machine, just wish I didn't have to do stupid stuff to make it work like I was told it would work by the sales team.

So, put me in the line, doesn't matter where. You already know the details. Same as last time. Shifting and banding. If you need more details, let me know.

Larry Bratton
06-30-2007, 8:36 PM
Scott:
Here here!!! I couldn't agree with you more. As you know, I am fully aware of your problem as we have corresponded. Based on what I know, you have been very very reasonable up to this point. As I told you the other day, I have been totally amazed by the whole thing and why it has not been resolved. Maybe I don't know all the details, but I personally would never have endured as long as you.

In the meantime, my Epilog Ext continues to operate without problems related the the machine. Operator error, yes, machine no at this juncture. However, be rest assured that if I were to have problems like you have had, I am not a very patient person, especially with the manufacturers of machines, that cost as much as these things do, and in warranty to boot, I would have already taken some drastic steps to get it corrected.

Good luck with your continuing pursuit of a resolution.

Carol VanArnam
07-02-2007, 5:17 AM
Well I love my Epilog and have had no problems at all. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've mentioned Nigel. I know any brand would could come with issues. I could NEVER get the sales rep to call on the Universal laser I was previously wanting to purchase before my Epilog. I have to say Peck is trying to help and I think when you are done you will be more than happy with Epilog. I know it can be frustrating but I've always seen Epilog stand up and do the right thing.

You've posted over and over how bad your machine is. I don't think it's fair to trash Epilog since we all don't know both sides of the story. I'm not trying to be a jerk so please forgive me but I guess I'm just trying to say is work with Peck and get the problems fixed. I don't feel it's fair to Epilog when they sell thousands of machines and have thousands of happy customers. In the states we have a lemon law because every once in a while a lemon happens. Sounds like you got it. Peck and Epilog, I believe will do the right thing if you continue to work with them.....

(well that's my 2 cents worth...)

Peck Sidara
07-02-2007, 2:01 PM
Steve,

I'm not sure what's considered reasonable for your situation but do agree that we need to find a solution for your difficulties and that you've done more that what we've asked. I'll be meeting with Eric Mitchiner, service manager today and will let you know where we stand, what we'll do and how to proceed. I'll let you know as soon as I find out, until then, hang in there. We'll get it resolved soon enough.

Rob Bosworth
07-02-2007, 2:30 PM
Here he comes to save the day. I knew all we needed to do was get Peck involved and things will get better. Best of luck to you all.

Remember, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.:D

James Stokes
07-02-2007, 3:36 PM
Hey Peck, My Epilog works great, no problems.
Since this was put on a public board and you responded on a public board how about posting the solution to the problem on the public board.

Joe Pelonio
07-02-2007, 4:49 PM
I'll chime in too. I have been dissapointed at the lack of tube longevity and the x-motor problems but other than that am very pleased with my Epilog, which often is running 10 hours a day 5-7 days a week. I have also been very happy with the service from Epilog over the last 3 years.

Nigel Morgan
07-03-2007, 5:46 PM
Hi Joe,

Do you work direct with Epilog?

Cheers

Nigel

Carol VanArnam
07-04-2007, 2:00 AM
I can find 25 VERY HAPPY EPILOG customers for every
negative
rant
rant
rant.....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess I'm trying to say when will the Epilog ranting end..... I hope soon. Seeing over 6 threads on the same topic with the same few folks ranting is very disheartening....

Nancy Laird
07-04-2007, 2:20 AM
Seeing over 6 threads on the same topic with the same few folks ranting is very disheartening....

Carol, it's disheartening and disappointing to me to see people unhappy with a piece of equipment that won't be made right by the company that built and sold it. After time after time after time of attempting to resolve problems with the company, it seems that the only way to get any satisfaction is to rant. I'm glad you're happy with yours, but Nigel and others are not.

Nancy

Keith Outten
07-04-2007, 6:28 AM
A laser engraver like any other complex machine is composed of many parts that are produced by a number of vendors. It only takes one faulty part to prevent a new machine from performing. The manufacturer who assembles, sells and warrants the new equipment is paid to deliver a machine that meets the advertised specifications, an occasional failure is expected by every manufacturer and frustrating to the end user.

I mentioned before that companies who manufacture machines are judged by how they respond and correct problems with the machines they sell. In the past there was minimal information available to the public concerning failures of specific equipment. These days every failure is advertised to the masses and is having a serious impact on sales of machines and companies that receive a reputation for too many machines that fail or their perceived lack of timely corrective action.

Peck has made some good points in his post but the bottom line is that every company needs to incorporate the impact of wide area networking into their marketing and sales strategies. They enjoy the benefits of inexpensive advertising and increased communication with potential and existing customers, they will also have to adjust to the fact that those same customers have access to the same resources.

I own an Epilog Legend 24 that was shipped to me on December 11th, 2001 and has proven to be a very good machine. I have had a couple of problems with my laser engraver but they were solved quickly by Epilog, in fact Peck was the one who helped resolve my problems and I was more than satisfied with the speed of Epilogs resolution. Working through my first CO2 Tube failure and replacement was part of my own education in laser engraving, there are lots of lessons to be learned and my expectations are different now.

In the last few months I have been operating a new Xenetech XLT1322-60 at CNU and have experienced problems. Some of the problems my were my fault as I have not been able to adjust to the machine and its software as quickly as I had expected. Although I am now productive with the Xenetech there have been hardware and software related issues that were not operator error which complicates the situation and increases frustration not knowing whether it is me or the machine. Its not easy to be patient when there is pressure to produce or increased stress related to financial responsibilities.

Scott Shepherd
07-04-2007, 7:50 AM
I can find 25 VERY HAPPY EPILOG customers for every
negative
rant
rant
rant.....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess I'm trying to say when will the Epilog ranting end..... I hope soon. Seeing over 6 threads on the same topic with the same few folks ranting is very disheartening....

Carol, I hope you're never the one in 25. Until then, please give me my rights to voice my opinion about our situation that I assure you does have a large financial impact. Just because your machine works perfectly doesn't mean that everyone elses does. Just because you call for support and it's fixed tomorrow, doesn't mean everyone elses is.

If you'd like to trade machines with me and see how you'd react in our situation, send me your phone number and we'll gladly swap machines. Until then I'd appreciate not being labled as someone's who ranting for the sake of ranting.

Jim Watkins
07-04-2007, 11:49 AM
I joined this board a few weeks ago after seeing a community of people trying to help each other in our common goal, to be successful in the business of laser engraving.

In the last week or so, I must agree with Carol and when will the FLAMMING of Epilog end? They have taken a major beating due mostly to one sided opinions of people who have had problems with their engravers.

I have great sympathy for those who say they can not get satisfaction with their manufacturer. Epilog has been very professional in not airing their dirty laundry here until they had no choice.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=60607

Mike Dean from Epilog was forced to explain the details which Nigel either didn't understand or failed to mention. It also seems that the distributer who sold Nigel the unit may be partially responsible. Nigel may have been sold a demo unit or a used unit through the distributer. In the case of a Demo unit, I purchased one from my local distributer who I had make mention of a full warranty from the date of "My" purchase on my invoice. That would be my evidence to support my warranty expectations. I also investigated a used unit which the distributer expressly informed me that the warranty period would end from the original date of purchase, but that Epilog would offer to allow me to purchase an extended warranty for about $900 USD at the end of the original warranty period.

You have to do your homework with a purchase of this magnitude and maybe the proper due diligence was not done on Nigels part, Nigels distributer may not have been dealing with him squarely, or the people at Epilog may be jerks. I don't' know the answer.

What I do know is that Mike and Peck have been very professional in filling the rest of us in on information that Nigel neglected to provide us. I don't think that Nigel is a bad guy, nor should he not be able to ask for advice or direction in this forum to help him with his problem. But Carol is correct. This has become a ranting and flamming session against Epilog and these issues have become more and more unprofessional and I would encourage the administrators to put an end to it.

Both Mike and Peck have offered to assist Nigel in getting his situation under control and to a mutually beneficial solution.

Scott, I think your attack on Carol was unwarranted. She only expressed an opinion to a situation that, to many of us, has gotten out of control. You sound as if she has less rights to express her displeasure with the "ranting" than you have to express your dissatisfaction with your situations. She didn't say you don't have the right, she just rightly points out that at some point it has to come to an end.

Now, I am done with my Rant. I admit it is a Rant as I am aggravated at all this. Lets get back to helping each other with projects and getting better at what we do. That is what I joined this community for.

Scott Shepherd
07-04-2007, 3:58 PM
Jim, Carol said that several people were ranting about it. Several meaning Nigel and myself. I can't and don't speak for Nigel. But I do speak for myself and I'd like for anyone to show me where I have been disrespectful to anyone at Epilog in any of my post.

If she didn't mean to include me, then that's fine.

Until then, I'll continue to speak about poor service until the issues are resolved. I haven't aired dirty laundry by any means. I could easily do so, because I have a pile of it to share, but I chose not to because that doesn't help the situation, and it's not the kind of person I am.

If you think "ranting" about poor customer service on a forum isn't helpful, then perhaps you'll explain the call from Peck yesterday afternoon where he said he was working on our issue. Prior to my post, there didn't seem to be any sense of urgency, now there does. That's a good thing for them, and for me.

Forums are real simple. If you don't like what's being said, then stop clicking on the topics that bother you.

Carol VanArnam
07-04-2007, 5:08 PM
I stopped myself for a while from posting on this topic but finally couldn't help myself. Good sharing and discussion are great. It's just I feel 6 threads on "HOW EVIL EPILOG HAS BEEN" was to much to handle. I snapped and went crazy. I wish no one a bad laser but IT HAPPENS WITH ANY PRODUCT.

I feel like we are all in the middle of a domestic dispute between Nigel and Epilog. Well I'll go sit on my sofa and let the topic continue......... I guess not knowing the full background and history of Nigel's machine just makes me feel it's not a fair fight between him and Epilog. If Epilog started tossing rocks at Nigel as he has done to them I think he would sue them. It's just not fair for Nigel to get to throw rocks over and over and over at them.

(........Carol goes to her sofa and sits and watches the domestic dispute.......in silence)

Jim Watkins
07-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Scott,
By my count you have only posted two items, both in the same post. From what I can read, and correct me if I am wrong, your machine is only two months old. I assume you purchased it new and it is under full warranty. If that is so, and you get no support from them, I have no beef with that. Nigel's situation is different now that we have heard from Mike at Epilog only to learn that Nigel's machine is out of warranty.

The dirty laundry I was referring to was Mike's need to publicly discuss the situation which typically should be a confidential matter. The specifics of a business transaction was forced into the public in order for them to publicly rebuke charges leveled against that company. And he still said that he would do something to help. If Mike fails to come through, then I hope Nigel let's us know.

In Pecks original response, how far should they go. I know of no company who will honor a warranty six months after it's expiration. For anyone to expect full replacement at that stage is unreasonable.

To your situation, if the rep who sold out of date software when the newer version was available and asked for, and the rep talked someone out of that, again, I don't have issue with that at all. I don't consider 2 posts and a request for help a rant. But I do consider 4 or more topics started by the same person a rant.

Carol didn't mention anyone by name, I took her as saying that the point has been made and it seemed that people from Epilog are trying to help. It seems that your getting help too, but it seems your situation is different that the original.

You may continue to speak about anything you like. But some of us may have a different opinion and may also chime in where you may disagree.

And for the record, I have been a senior moderator on an unrelated message board just like this one for 7 years so I think I have a good idea how these work.

Finally Scott, if you reread my post, I in no way said anything except to respond to Nigel's situation and my own opinion until I mentioned that I felt your response to Carol was unwarranted. The only thing I have to say about your reaction, is it seems inconsistent for you to demand the "right" to speak your peace and then react the way you did to Carol and then myself. In your response to both of us, I perceive that you are unappreciative of our "right" to speak our peace. I hope I am wrong and this is just a good, respectful debate. That is how I look at it.

We do agree on one thing though. In your response to me you say that you have a pile of things to share, but that at this point it is not helpful. This the point of my observations. To continue adding new topics on the same issue are no longer helpful. Steps are being taken to address the issues, give it time to work and report back later on the results be it good or bad.

This is only my opinion and I have only respect for all in this forum. But I will also continue to speak my opinion so long as it conforms to the rules of the forum. I have only had my Epilog for about a month so I have no real loyalty to them, I would have reacted to these posts the same had it been a Universal Laser, Pinnicle laser, etc.

I hope that both Scott and Nigel get their situations corrected to a mutual satisfaction of them and Epilog.

Now, like Jim Rome says, "I'm going to the basement for a while"

OUT

Scott Shepherd
07-05-2007, 7:57 AM
Jim, I'm not sure what post of mine you are reading but you mention that it appears that I do not wish to give you the same rights as I have. On the contrary, I simply ask for the same rights as you have Jim- to speak about my situation with being labeled someone who's ranting for the sake of ranting.

Nigel's situation and mine are different, however, a generalization was made that we were both ranting and it should stop. If that generalization didn't include me, then fine (which I said before), but if it did, then I asked for the right to continue to talk about it. I never once mentioned that either of you shouldn't have the right to speak, I simply asked for me to continue to have my right to discuss the topic. If you read that differently then you missed my intention.

My machine has now been installed for 5 months, problems identified for probably 3 or more months without resolution. Do you think that's acceptable? It's ironic that people are asked to stop "ranting", but the only time I have gotten any movement in the past is when I posted on this forum and Peck got involved. I shouldn't HAVE to go on a forum and post my problems to get a response, yet that's twice I've had to do it. Both times I posted, both times my phone rang shortly afterwards. If you think I get pleasure out of speaking publically about my situation you are very wrong. I've dealt with several members on this forum privately to help me test and resolve my issues over the last few months. All of it could easily been posted for all to see, but I didn't. The frustration level at the entire situation is a 10 on a scale of 1-10.

I think it's very important for people to see this dialogue. We made our decision to buy an Epilog partly on the reviews of people in this very forum. Had I ran across a thread or several threads about similiar issues, it would have influenced our decision, no doubt. I can only hope that these post do help educate people. An educated consumer would be the goal for me.

There's no disrespect from me towards you or Carol, so if you feel that way, then I apologize, as it wasn't meant to sound disrespectful, just simply to give me the opportunity to continue speaking about my case when needed.

I don't have a basement, so I can't sign off and go to the basement. Just my luck, I'll be signing off and going to work. Who made this 4th of July holiday so short anyway?

Joe Pelonio
07-05-2007, 8:28 AM
Hi Joe,

Do you work direct with Epilog?

Cheers

Nigel
I bought from a dealer about 2 hours away, but all of my support has been directly from epilog in Colorado. In fact the company I bought from is no longer an Epilog dealer.

Jim Watkins
07-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Scott,
No worries here. Like I said in my last post, it is plain that your situation is a different one and according to what you have said, no, I don't have a problem with your actions and No it is not acceptable. Anyway, I'm good and see your point. Mine is only that how many threads are enough? I think it is a legit question. Anyway, my basement is my regular job which I am at now. Good discussion though Scott.

Anyway, if I had found this forum before my purchase, I too may have been swayed. And if the Epilog guys had not chimed in, then we had only a one sided discussion which is not fair to anyone.

I chosed Epilog for a number of reasons, but a biggie was that their distributer is only 10 minutes away from me and is easy to get to. If the phone calls are not returned, I'll just go to his office and walk in. Hard to avoid that. Thats a main reason I didn't go with the Pinnicle, hard to access.

Anyway, I hope all is good. This appears to be a great forum and there are so many here to help others. Thats why I joined.

Good luck to you and Nigel.

Nigel Morgan
07-05-2007, 6:35 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for you input, wished my reseller was local.

Cheers

Nigel

Peter Zacarelli
07-06-2007, 9:12 AM
As a newbie, I for one want to hear the supposed rants. I want to know how customers are supposedly treated. I want to hear the response from the manufacturers about the supposed problems. Now perhaps the customers are full of bull but it has been my experience in life that there are two sides to everything and bits of truth in everything.
It has also been my experience in life that some people never have a problem with something they have purchased but others get the P.O.S. from hell! I know because I have purchased lemons in my life.
I am alarmed that Epilog would not just do what they have to end this whole problem with these two gents especially the one under warranty, give this guy a new machine for heavens sake! It does not look good for Epilog that customers are so upset with their products that all of these messages are going back and forth. Epilog, you say that customer service is number one, well then start acting like it. From were I stand your starting to look like a used car dealer now. Peck, I understand that you have helped many people on this forum. This is something I greatly admire. But keep in mind one thing about a line you stated about how threats about writing on forums will not accomplish anything, the laser engraving business is a tight knit community and everyone who is or wants to be in this business reads the boards. Lots of newbies that are trying to decide which laser to purchase are reading everything we all say here! So my point, it is very important what a manufacturer does and says on this forum! Unfortunately however unfair it might be when a potential customer starts reading some of the messages like on this board they may get a wrong perspective of the manufacturer. I took to heart all I have read here. I was in the process of purchasing an Epilog laser during this whole thing. I had to weight out everything said by everyone and I must say that I sent in my wire transfer to Epilog yesterday to purchase my first laser. This means I still have faith in Epilog and I still trust them to do the correct thing! The bottom line was that I still believe that Epilog has the best product for the price. If my machine should fail and if I do not receive the expected service within my warranty than I too will rant but until and if this happens I will have to keep reading what’s posted in this forum and try to remain unbiased.

One more thing. Like most of the media we have access to, if you don't like want you see and/or read, you are free not to view it. I never understood people who complain about something they don't like posted or what might have been stated, whether or not it's in a forum, on TV, or the radio. You could change the channel, not read the post and not get involved if you choose. Unless something is outright offensive or is pure deceit then if you don’t like it, ignore it and let others decide for themselves if they can gain anything from what was written or say.

This was just IMHO and I hope I did not offend any of the good people here.

Sincerely,

Peter

Nigel Morgan
07-06-2007, 6:46 PM
Thanks for the input, any company that supplies a Friday or Lemon, call it what you want laser, should get bashed, not just here.

Rodne Gold
07-07-2007, 1:52 AM
Nigel , it seems Epilog are prepared to work with you but you keep on whinging and moaning.
You have stated elesewhere they are responsible for you losing your business and home and you will have 5 starving kids to feed. Perhaps the loss of your business/house is attributable to more than just the cost of repairing your laser tube. If you can afford to let your expensive tool lie idle for many months at a time , I doubt that it is the cause of your financial woes.
I had some sympathy for your plight , but it's fast evaporating.

To Epilog - refund the guys money , take the machine back , refurbish it and sell it on
Let one of your competitors have to deal with him next time and let them tie up their PR , tech and whatever other resources he's gonna consume. Even if you fix/replace this machine , the customer will never be happy and will be hounding you for the forseeable life of the laser. If you refund , you have saved his house , business and stopped his 5 kids starving, spared us all the moaning and have no negative pr , you come up smelling like roses - win win all round.

Epilog , if you do want to contiunue this fight , post a complete log of all the contacts/mails etc so we see the whole saga in one fell swoop rather than disjointed replys from various Co officials to Nigels posts spread over multiple boards.
Some of us with lasers understand the issues , some who are preparing to buy might be rather alarmed at the volume of different posts mentioning broken epilogs.

Peter Zacarelli
07-07-2007, 3:09 PM
You know a person’s opinion could go back and forth on this one over and over. I actually think about this whole matter trying to get to sleep at night. The machine is out of warranty. Epilog does not legally owe anything to this customer. Morally maybe, but I’m really not quite convinced on this either because I really do not have all the facts just hear say written in this forum. If I was this customer feeling so cheated this way I personally would have just worked with Epilog as best that I can, get what I can from Epilog to fix the machine and then move on with my life. In the future if I felt as this customer feels then of course I would not be purchasing Epilog products but would be giving my money to a competitor. I know from experience that one could get eaten up alive trying to win such arguments even if you are on the correct and winning side. It is best to compromise and end this whole matter like gentlemen. If some money has to be shelled out, then it has to be. Who here hasn’t had unexpected repair bills in their lives whether it be personal (cars, homes, medical, etc.) or for their business (cars, shop, laser engraver, etc.? Who here also did not feel on one time or the other that they were over charged or even cheated for such repairs? We just have to deal with it the best that we can and try not to let it bother us so much.

Now for a personal note to Nigel. I do not know you except for what you have written in messages on this forum. I however do feel for you situation. I have been in your shoes many times in the past in my life and probably will again in the future. I know how it feels to get ripped-off. I know what it’s like to have to give up a great job because I purchased a car to get back and forth to work but it caught fire after two days and was destroyed and not having another dollar to my name not being able to purchase another car to get to work, hence losing that job. I could go on and on but the point is I got and will get through it and you will too. I do not know whether or not you have been ripped-off but I still could relate to whole matter. Please try to work with Epilog as best as you can to get everything to an acceptable condition. I really want to see a post where you get some satisfaction and give Epilog some phrase for their good customer service. I do not know if that will ever happened but that’s what I would like to see.

For future reference I think I would have done the following:
A). Not tell the world about how bad this machine is to begin with.
B). Worked with Epilog to get the machine in working order.
C). Sell the machine and purchase one more to your liking.

Yes I know, all easier said then done but please try to persevere and get through this with dignity.

Best of Luck,

Nigel Morgan
07-07-2007, 5:21 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for you thoughts, your very correct, I probably should not have made all the posts that I have about Epilog, please appreciate that up until a month ago they were fixing all the parts that are broken free of charge and trying to sort out other little things, could'nt see the point in solving the power issue till all the other things were done. You won't be reading anymore complaints about them at SMC from me anymore, but I will post any news.

Cheers

Nigel

Jim Watkins
07-08-2007, 5:39 AM
I'm sorry, I have been reading this latest post from Nigel. I find it interesting that Epilog has fixed all his problems "while out of warranty", and up until a month ago when they seemed to have drawn the line, they fixed everything without cost to Nigel. That is beyond the call...

Now that the line is drawn, he has a problem and has started this posting war.

I am sorry Nigel, I was sympathetic to you, but not any longer. Epilog has seemed to go beyond their responsibilities and further. I only hope they go that far with me if and when I have a problem.

I am sorry, I tried to stay away but this was too much for me to stay on the sidelines for...

Carol VanArnam
07-08-2007, 2:56 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for you thoughts, your very correct, I probably should not have made all the posts that I have about Epilog, please appreciate that up until a month ago they were fixing all the parts that are broken free of charge and trying to sort out other little things, could'nt see the point in solving the power issue till all the other things were done. You won't be reading anymore complaints about them at SMC from me anymore, but I will post any news.

Cheers

Nigel

I'm sorry but this is over the top! We have had weeks of RANTS about the EVIL EPILOG, rocks have been thrown, gas put on the fire, nuclear bombs launched all at Epilog. WOW now we find out all along they were helping "free of charge". The problem is not with EPILOG!

Rob Bosworth
07-09-2007, 5:33 PM
Get A Rope!

Bill Cunningham
07-10-2007, 9:42 PM
Get A Rope!

Nah None for me thanks!!! I think I ate one of those once, It took forever to pass!!..:D