PDA

View Full Version : Antique tools price guide

Matt Chantry
06-29-2007, 9:13 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend "THE" price guide for antique tool collectors, hopefully one that includes results obtained since the online auctions have started.

Thanks,
Matt Chantry

Clint Jones
06-29-2007, 9:39 PM
Here are a few must haves.

John Walters Antique & Collectable Stanley Tools Guide to Identity and Value. This book is out of print and runs $100 and up but is a very good reference it was before online auctions. If you can get the John Walter pocket guide it is a lot cheaper and is small enough to carry in your pocket. John Walter books will have just about every stanley tool made included in them.

Warmans Tool Field Guide. This book has up to date prices. The prices are from actual live tool auctions. Has lots of pictures but isnt organized that great and doesnt include every tool mainley the more uncommon ones.

Stanley Little Big Book-2006 Price Guide for Planes. Great book with good pricing info for stanley planes. Another must have.

PRICES REALIZED ON RARE IMPRINTED AMERICAN WOODEN PLANES 1979 - 1992 . A great book on American wooden planes. Has actual prices realized for wooden planes sold.

Roger K. Smith's "Patented Transitional & Metalic Planes in America" Volume I & II. Great book on rare planes.

These should keep you busy.

Matt Chantry
06-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Clint,

Lee Valley carries both the Warman's and the Stanley Little Big Book, so I will pick those up tomorrow. Thanks for the leads.

Matt