PDA

View Full Version : I lost an old buddy of mine today

Fred Voorhees
06-29-2007, 8:55 PM
Through my occasional posts that gave the hint, some of you may know that I have been involved in the local auto racing scene for many years. During the almost thirty years that I was involved in the sport in one way or another, I had the pleasure of meeting some really great people. Jack Christensen was one such person. Jack was from Penn Yan, NY and I met him through a racing video guy that hung out with Jack very often. My wife and I always enjoyed the very limited times that we would cross paths while following the sport that we have loved for so long. Jack hosted an auto racing oriented radio show up his way in New York for many years and was one heck of a knowledgeable person when it came down to facts about the past and present when talking about the sport around the campfire. Jack had cancer, there is no denying that. And for the longest time, he fought it as hard as he could. This morning, it fought back and won the battle. Tonight, I found out via the internet racing forums that I frequent. Jack was a really great racing buddy that we could always count on for some great conversation. He will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace my great freind!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-29-2007, 9:12 PM
My sincere sympathies Fred. Good friends make life fun.

Jim Becker
06-29-2007, 9:43 PM
Sorry to hear of your friend's passing, Fred. But it sounds like he'll live on in many folks fond memories...

Joe Mioux
06-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Fred, you have my Sincerest Condolences on the passing of your friend.

I do remember your comments about racing.

Respectfully
Joe

Chris Kalkowski
06-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Dennis Peacock
06-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Fred,

I'm sorry to hear about Jack's passing away. You and his family have my thoughts and prayers.