PDA

View Full Version : Domino!!

James Phillips
06-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Just picked up a systainer Domino Assortment and will be recieving my Domino sometime next week. Woo Hoo.

I was trying to avoid buying this. I am not "brand loyal", but this tool is just too cool. I have a sickness. I see a very useful tool, I fee like I have to have it. I am going to seek couseling.

David DeCristoforo
06-29-2007, 12:55 PM
"I am going to seek counseling...."

Just be careful in selecting a counselor...he (she?) might have the same "issue" you are seeking counseling for....

Gary Keedwell
06-29-2007, 1:28 PM
Just picked up a systainer Domino Assortment and will be recieving my Domino sometime next week. Woo Hoo.

I was trying to avoid buying this. I am not "brand loyal", but this tool is just too cool. I have a sickness. I see a very useful tool, I fee like I have to have it. I am going to seek couseling.
Yea, but can you afford counseling ...NOW?:D

Gary K.

James Phillips
06-29-2007, 1:41 PM
Yea, but can you afford counseling ...NOW?:D

Gary K.

No kidding,
Actually though I got a "good deal" on this. I crossed paths with someone who had recieved one as a gift and he already had one. So he sold it for about 10% off. Still alot, but since it was brand new and I was tempted anyway, might as well save some $$$.

Bob Childress
06-29-2007, 1:44 PM
No kidding,
Actually though I got a "good deal" on this. I crossed paths with someone who had recieved one as a gift and he already had one. So he sold it for about 10% off. Still alot, but since it was brand new and I was tempted anyway, might as well save some $$$.

Could you introduce me to the person that GAVE that gift? :rolleyes: :D That's my kind of giving! :)

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-29-2007, 2:40 PM
If I wanted one I think I'd get on E-Bay Germany and get one cheap from over there.

They sell 'em in das Furtherland much cheaper than they do here - - - or so I'm told

James Phillips
06-29-2007, 2:59 PM
If I wanted one I think I'd get on E-Bay Germany and get one cheap from over there.

They sell 'em in das Furtherland much cheaper than they do here - - - or so I'm told

I did find one for 680 Euro on ebay germany, which is I tink about $500. So it is alot cheaper, but I do not think they will ship to the states.

Eric Lewis
06-29-2007, 3:02 PM
I did find one for 680 Euro on ebay germany, which is I tink about $500. So it is alot cheaper, but I do not think they will ship to the states.

Other way around, 680 EUR is equivalent to US$920.

James Phillips
06-29-2007, 3:07 PM
You are correct. I got sloppy with my math, Thanks

Gary Keedwell
06-29-2007, 3:38 PM
Aren't they wired different for the States?:confused:

Gary K.

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-29-2007, 5:00 PM

You can ask. You can always ask. Or you can have a friend pick one up if you have any traveling pals.

Bob Childress
06-29-2007, 5:27 PM
Aren't they wired different for the States?:confused:

Gary K.

Right you are. There are 110V ones available in the UK, but the price isn't all that charming. :(

Jim Becker
06-29-2007, 9:48 PM
Hmmm...I don't see any pictures of this proverbial tool in your possession... ;)

Dave MacArthur
06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Bob, why would there be 110 v ones in the UK, they use 230 v everywhere? When I lived there, I had to have a transformer in every room of the house to use my 110 stuff?

James Phillips
06-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Hmmm...I don't see any pictures of this proverbial tool in your possession... ;)

Will be delivered by UPS on 9 Jul. I have to wait a week, but I saved some dough...

Randy Denby
06-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Will be delivered by UPS on 9 Jul. I have to wait a week, but I saved some dough...

Go on....rub it in :)

Brad Naylor
06-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Bob, why would there be 110 v ones in the UK, they use 230 v everywhere? When I lived there, I had to have a transformer in every room of the house to use my 110 stuff?

Dave,

Trade kit here is generally 110v as we are not allowed to use 240v on construction sites for safety reasons. And yes, we have to haul those big heavy yellow transformers around with us!

Cheers
Brad