PDA

View Full Version : Help with displaying these...

Wayne Bitting
06-28-2007, 10:43 PM
I am looking for ideas on how to display these on a desk. I am thinking the pen and pencil sticking up at an angle (just drill a hole) and maybe the magnifier and letter opener on their sides. The set if for my wife to use at work. I would like her to be able to have this on her desk, but be able to tuck it away at the end of the day. The set is black T/N Designer series from PSI, with purple and red stabilized box elder burl. The pencil isn't pictured because the tube shifted while the glue was drying and now I have to go pick up another blank. Please post any sketches, pictures or ideas for the desk holder. Thanks!

P.S. - the letter opener is much sharper then it needs to, if I loose my razor I can just stop by her office on my way to work:eek:(okay its not that sharp...)

TYLER WOOD
06-29-2007, 9:14 AM
I have a set similar to that. I have not turned them but have made the stank already. I took a peice of burl the I have and just sanded the front and made a level bottom on it. Then I drilled some holes for the stuff to sit in. Don't know about putting it away in the evenings. It may be to tall withoug taking them out of the base.