PDA

View Full Version : Threaded Wood Rods

Michael Green
06-28-2007, 7:13 PM
Hello Sawmill,

My name is Michael Green. I am an Audio designer, and use many wood parts incorporated into my designs. Recently one of my suppliers discontinued the threaded wooded rods that we use. I was wondering if you might been so kind as to give me some names of manufacturers that supply these products.

We use1/4"
5/16"
1/2"
3/4"

I would be most thankful if you would point me in the right direction.

Thank you so much, and have a good day.

Bill Wyko
06-28-2007, 7:17 PM
Hey Michael. I too am in the audio business. As far as the threaded dowell goes, I've seen tools in which you can make them yourself. I believe you can get them from Rockler and also Woodcraft. Good luck.

Mike Vickery
06-28-2007, 7:24 PM
you could try contacting
http://www.chicagodowel.com/rods.html

Michael Green
06-28-2007, 7:30 PM
Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for your response. I'm hoping to source out the product because of our large product line. I use to do everything in house, but making all of our own parts was getting to be to much, and I had to keep expanding the factory. This took to much time away from my magazine and clients.

Glad to see you in the music business. What a fun adventure.

Michael Green
06-28-2007, 7:35 PM
Thank You Mike,

I will do so tomorrow when they open.

You guys are great! I'm already glad I happened onto this site.

Bill Wyko
06-28-2007, 7:37 PM
One of my rules in business is "In order to be good at what you do you must first know the right person for the job" Which in some cases is another company. I would love to do everything myself but I'd go broke trying to. So I completly understand your situation. Good luck. BTW If you like, PM me with info on your business.