PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong "live stong" rubber braclets

Chris Peters
06-28-2007, 4:19 PM
Anybody have any tips on laser cutting these things?

Bill Cunningham
06-28-2007, 8:56 PM
Laser 'Cutting"? or laser engraving them.. If your laser engraving the 'silicone' bracelets, you will get a lot of flame even with air assist..

Dave Jones
06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I bought my laser used from a guy who did a lot of those. When I got this thing it had a TON of dust from those things stuck to every surface.

From what I've seen, most people that do them make a template from a piece of wood or plastic that is tall enough so you can slip the bands over it and that makes the band present a flat surface to be engraved. They also engrave lines on the template so they can position the bands at those lines and then when they engrave them they are at a known position. That way they can do dozens at a time.

Doug Bergstrom
06-29-2007, 5:23 PM
We produce bands all the time. No air assist, no flame Works great. Made a template out of acrylic that is wide enough to hold bands flat and is grooved on each side so the bands are in the same spot every time. Use the same pattern to layout the bands and produce 30 at a time. On our Universal we use the rubber stamp setting to get the best engrave. clean them after with a little soapy water to rinse off the residue.
Doug

Mike Hood
06-30-2007, 1:26 AM
Hi Doug;

Any leads on where to get blank bands reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance - mike