PDA

View Full Version : Source for Motorcycle Clip-Art

Allan Wright
06-28-2007, 9:53 AM
I have a customer that wants me to cut out a 1" pin with a motorcycle engraved as part of the design. Anyone know of a good source for a harley-type motorcycle vector file? Rastering it so far has produced a mess on such a small piece.

Also what is the effective highest resolution I can expect when working with Rowmark LaserMax? I'm expecting some bleed through due to melting if I get pixels too close. The customer wants the final product to have the design engraved onto silver/black LaserMax then vector cut out to the shape shown below.

Attached is a sample, the round part is supposed to be a motorcycle wheel. The wingged logo has since been switched to a motorcycle instead. I've also attached a PDF that's more like what the customer wants, but I'd like to make the image using vectors instead of rastering it in the hopes that I can better control the over-burn in the busy areas.

I'm starting to think this might be too advanced of a project for a beginner like me.

Dave Jones
06-28-2007, 10:47 AM
If you do enough motorcycle items to justify it:

http://www.clipart-design.com/motorcycle_biker_clipart.htm

Mike Null
06-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Allan

Here's a vector file.

However, I believe you'll find that rastering will produce a better result. Rather than rastering at a higher resolution I would try lower. 500 dpi at the highest or even 400. You could be using too much power as well.

When you raster at a higher resolution you are slowing the machine speed and increasing the area covered by the laser spot. You are, in effect, engraving the area more than once. I believe your owner's manual has a good depiction of this.

Allan Wright
06-28-2007, 3:46 PM
Thanks guys.